Favorite Non Gym workout

Options
I need suggestions: What is your favorite workout/exercise that doesn't involve any major equipment?

Replies

• prdavies1949
    prdavies1949 Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    Running
  • QueenE_
    QueenE_ Posts: 522 Member
    Options
    I love walking! I also do squats, pushups and situps (which can be modified if you don't have the strength) supermans, jumping jacks, butterflies, lunges, planks, etc..
    If you have a pinterest account you can find lots of simple 30 day challenges. =)
  • segacs
    segacs Posts: 4,599 Member
    Options
    Walking. I love to just walk around. Photography is a good hobby to take up, since it gives your walks purpose other than wandering aimlessly.

Cycling. Well, a bicycle is 'major equipment' I suppose, but I use our local bikeshare program. That burns calories without feeling like a workout, since it's basically just my way to get from A to B.

There are some good home workout videos on YouTube if you have a decent amount of space and a couple of items found in most homes, like a chair, a ball, and maybe a dumbbell or two.
  • GirlWithCookies
    GirlWithCookies Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    Workout DVDs are cheap if you buy them used on Amazon. A lot of the toning and "body sculpting" ones only require a mat and/or light weights. I use a cheesy Billy Blanks tae bo dvd (so '90s lol) but you don't need anything and it feels like a workout.
  • phyllb
    phyllb Posts: 735 Member
    Options
    Hiking and snowshoeing
  • TimothyFish
    TimothyFish Posts: 4,925 Member
    Options
    segacs wrote: »
    Walking. I love to just walk around. Photography is a good hobby to take up, since it gives your walks purpose other than wandering aimlessly.

Cycling. Well, a bicycle is 'major equipment' I suppose, but I use our local bikeshare program. That burns calories without feeling like a workout, since it's basically just my way to get from A to B.

There are some good home workout videos on YouTube if you have a decent amount of space and a couple of items found in most homes, like a chair, a ball, and maybe a dumbbell or two.

Wal-mart sells bicycles for less than $100. I would never recommend them for people who really want to cycle, but they do okay for seeing if you're interested enough to stick with it. Then you give the Wal-mart bike to one of the kids in the neighborhood and go to a bike shop and buy a good bike.
  • w734q672
    w734q672 Posts: 578 Member
    edited November 2014
    Options
    Fornication. It does require a partner. Partner should be preferably attractive to look at. If not, paper bags are a good alternative. Hopefully not an inanimate object :-) Either way, you'll burn quite a lot of calories depending on the duration of a session.
  • w734q672
    Options
    For a more serious alternative, try having a nephew or niece chase after you with an electric flyswatter. Quite painful and motivating at the same time
  • SKME2013
    SKME2013 Posts: 704 Member
    Options
    Running, walking, hiking, roller blading
  • w734q672
    edited November 2014
    Options
    SKME2013 wrote: »
    Running, walking, hiking, roller blading

Seems way 2 conventional lol
  • RaeRum82
    RaeRum82 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    All good suggestions I may have to get a partner though ;)
  • Kalikel
    Kalikel Posts: 9,626 Member
    Options
    Swimming, walking, Denise Austin DVDs (old, but she's so great and motivational.)
  • smashley_mashley
    smashley_mashley Posts: 589 Member
    Options
    Swimming (unless pool counts as "major equipment") and tennis. I play tons of tennis in the summer because it is free. In the winter not so much as there is only one facility in the city that has only 3 indoor courts and the charge $30/hr..if you want to use the rest of the facility the charge you admission on top of the tennis fee (rip off). You could try yoga... just need a mat and a DVD (or try YouTube)

8931969.png
  • libbydoodle11
    libbydoodle11 Posts: 1,351 Member
    Options
    Another vote for running. Preferably outside.
  • harlequin0318
    harlequin0318 Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    Dancing in front of the mirror!
  • dbmata
    dbmata Posts: 12,950 Member
    Options
    RaeRum82 wrote: »
    I need suggestions: What is your favorite workout/exercise that doesn't involve any major equipment?

Sex.
    Fighting.
    Running from the police.
    Flipping a car to celebrate the Giants.
  • harlequin0318
    harlequin0318 Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    dbmata wrote: »
    RaeRum82 wrote: »

Sex.
    Fighting.
    Running from the police.
    Flipping a car to celebrate the Giants.

Go Giants!

• dbmata
    dbmata Posts: 12,950 Member
    Options
    Word.
  • ViolaLeeBlueberry
    ViolaLeeBlueberry Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    segacs wrote: »

Second or third that one!!!

And actually you wouldn't need a partner. I love hiking, but yeah, it doesn't really happen without a friend/partner. (In theory, it could; in reality, not so much.) Strolling around with a camera, though, is a great excuse to just get out and about at any time.

Also: Dancing to your favorite tunes while cooking. I must burn a few calories that way. Granted, my teenager finds it pretty ridiculous, but being ridiculous is part of my job as mom. And truth be told, he's sometimes danced through the kitchen to my tunes too :smile: