Not Sure Where to Start

Options
I'm in that odd sort of place where I'm overweight but not to the extent that a few seconds of flat out running will put me out of action, in fact I used to think that despite my size I was somewhat fit. I used to do 1.5hrs of karate per week and (apart from particularly heavy going sessions) I was perfectly fine, I also used to walk about 2 miles to work everyday.

However I have sinced moved to a new city where I do not do karate and I don't know the route well enough to walk to work, so I'm wanting to start exercising at home. Today I attempted a half hour cardio workout but after 5 minutes, if that, I was done and had to flop onto the sofa! Not the best attempt ever, but I do feel a bit better physically for having tried. I have a set of 1kg and 2kg dumbbells but I'm not earning enough to invest in any serious equipment, nor do I have space for it in this tiny flat!

So basically I'm wondering where to start. Clearly I went and did too much too quickly, so does anyone have any tips for an overweight beginner? I'm just short of 15 stone right now and want to get down to at least 10, which I know will take some time however I go about it but exercise is a must!!

Thank you all.

Replies

• libbydoodle11
    libbydoodle11 Posts: 1,351 Member
    Options
    Why not start slowly? You've done 5 minutes so far. Do another 5 minutes today. Aim for 10 minutes tomorrow and so on.