Finding a diet plan that works

Options
I'm looking for advice on how to formulate a diet plan that works for me. I'm curious to get suggestions on how much protein/carbs/ total cals I should be aiming for.
I'm 5'8, 155
I strength train about 3X a week and try to run on off days.
I tried going for 1200 cals, to speed weight loss, but that seems sooo low and hard to keep to. I recently bumped up to 1400.

Thoughts? Suggestions?

Replies

• epie2098
    epie2098 Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    I recommend upping rather than going lower.

The default MFP settings should be a nice framework for you to get started. It's really difficult for me to suggest a diet plan for you, because every body is different. I tried several different approaches until I found what works best for me. In general, eat real food rather than processed, remember to include healthy snacks if your body works well with them (I need to snack for energy, but hubs will feel sleepy right after a snack), and fill your plate with 1/2 fruit and veggies at lunch and dinner, with an emphasis on the veggies.

Feel free to friend me, and I'll help out as best I can.
  • Will_Thrust_For_Candy
    Will_Thrust_For_Candy Posts: 6,109 Member
    Options
    Have you taken a look at the thread In Place of a Road Map? That thread is full of great information and can also point you in the right direction to figure out your TDEE and BMR. It's another great method that has worked well for some people :)