I only have 8 weeks to get the fat off

Options
I am trying to get down to my "pre wedding" weight from 140 to 132 and I'm tall at 5' 8". I'm an active 44 year old and even at my steady weight of 140 - I look good in clothes, but there are so many things in my closet I can't wear from last year when I was 135. That extra 5 - 8 pounds is a size or two. I have to get this done by the first of the year or I lose a bet with my friend Michelle and it could cost me $ 600. I'm inspired!

Replies

• missiontofitness
    missiontofitness Posts: 4,074 Member
    Options
    8lbs to lose at your height and weight would be most appropriate lost at a .5lb/week rate. It will be difficult to lose steadily and healthily at 1lb/week.
    Don't put your health in jeopardy for a bet. If your friend is a true friend, you both will forget this bet.
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options
    if you want to lose a ton of water weight you could go low carb for two weeks…but the drop will be only temporary and I am not sure you could lose 8 pounds of water weight…drinking a lot of water will help you release water weight too, sounds counter productive but it is true….
  • pita7317
    pita7317 Posts: 1,437 Member
    Options
    $600 ? Um. I would be inspired too. Good luck. Hope you win the bet.
  • 50sFit
    50sFit Posts: 712 Member
    edited November 2014
    Options
    I am trying to get down to my "pre wedding" weight from 140 to 132 and I'm tall at 5' 8". I'm an active 44 year old and even at my steady weight of 140 - I look good in clothes, but there are so many things in my closet I can't wear from last year when I was 135. That extra 5 - 8 pounds is a size or two. I have to get this done by the first of the year or I lose a bet with my friend Michelle and it could cost me $ 600. I'm inspired!
    2 months is a reasonable length of time to lose 8 pounds.
    - Hey, whatever we need to do for added motivation, go fot it!
    - And good luck!
    - Also, start now with a solid plan to maintain once you win your bet.
  • mitch16
    mitch16 Posts: 2,113 Member
    Options
    Although I would hazard to guess that you didn't put the extra weight on in 8 weeks...