most accurate app for tracking calories burnt through walking?

Options
hi, which app most accurately tracks how many calories you burn from walking? i have a fitbit zip and have used apps like mapmywalk, runtastic, runkeeper and other gps a[[s but the calorie burns they give are sooooo different. I feel its important to know as I like to eat back my exercise calories.

Replies

• shadow2soul
    shadow2soul Posts: 7,692 Member
    Options
    Fitbit's are designed to give pretty accurate calories burned for walking/running. Why are you looking for another app? If you sync your fitbit profile to MFP, it will give you an adjustment if you burn more (or less if negative adjustments is enabled) than what MFP thinks your going to burn for the day.
  • Donnaprincess
    Options
    I find fitbit says you only burn a very low amount of calories and gives me about half of the calories that some other apps say I have burnt. It's hard to know which is accurate as some other apps use gps which my fitbit zip does not. Also because I work nights 4 nights a week, I have problems recording my exercise as I put early morning (3am-6am) exercise under the day before which confuses fitbit. Fitbit would put data under the new day so for that reason I don't include fitbit data adjustments, I just use it to make sure I do enough steps.
  • shadow2soul
    shadow2soul Posts: 7,692 Member
    Options
    I find fitbit to be pretty accurate (slightly underestimates if there is an incline involved). I've tested it compared to my HRM when walking/running and the calorie burns are generally about the same (up to a 50 calorie difference but generally less than that).
  • DavidMartinez2
    DavidMartinez2 Posts: 840 Member
    Options
    I would recommend going with the more conservative number.