Shorty stats :)

Options
2»

Replies

• gothchiq
    gothchiq Posts: 4,590 Member
    Options
    five three, 125 lb, size 8/10 depending on manufacturer. 5 more pounds to goal.
  • brandigyrl81
    brandigyrl81 Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    I'm 33 years old.
    Height: 5'2
    Current Weight: 184
    Goal Weight 165
    Current Pants Size: 10-12
    Goal Pants Size: 8-10
    Current Top Size: Medium
    Goal Top Size: Small
  • KaroshiQueen
    KaroshiQueen Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    See isn't this crazy, brandigyrl81 and I are the same height and weight, but she wears a 10-12 and I wear a 16. Pretty sure I got the short end of the gene pool too on this one.
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,573 Member
    Options
    See isn't this crazy, brandigyrl81 and I are the same height and weight, but she wears a 10-12 and I wear a 16. Pretty sure I got the short end of the gene pool too on this one.

She's probably not a pear my dear :)
  • segacs
    segacs Posts: 4,599 Member
    Options
    arditarose wrote: »

Yep. Us pear-shaped women gotta deal with having hips. It's just how it is.

On the bright side, we're at lower risk for heart disease. So there's that.
  • arditarose
    Options
    segacs wrote: »
    arditarose wrote: »

Yep. Us pear-shaped women gotta deal with having hips. It's just how it is.

On the bright side, we're at lower risk for heart disease. So there's that.

Big juicy butts and lower risk for heart disease. I'll take it.
  • segacs
    segacs Posts: 4,599 Member
    Options
    'Course, some of it is body composition. 180 pounds of lean muscle and 150 pounds of flab could easily fit into the same sized jeans.

(I say that as the woman with 150 pounds of flab. So that wasn't pejorative. Just statement of fact.)
  • arditarose
    Options
    segacs wrote: »
    'Course, some of it is body composition. 180 pounds of lean muscle and 150 pounds of flab could easily fit into the same sized jeans.

(I say that as the woman with 150 pounds of flab. So that wasn't pejorative. Just statement of fact.)

Right, this too.
  • WyrdSyster
    WyrdSyster Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Current stats
    Age 47
    5'0"
    HW 120 (last winter)
    CW 117 (with running clothes on)
    GW 95 to 100 (former healthy weight)
    Clothing size XS to S depending on the brand
    Gained weight from either perimenopause/depression and/ or duodenal ulcer (increased appetite past 5 years led to larger portions and less exercise)
    I still wear most of my same clothes since gaining the weight as the gain is global & I favor leggings over jeans/structured pants. Hello shorties!
  • LiveLoveRunFar
    LiveLoveRunFar Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    I'm 5 foot 1, right now I am 167. Wear 18 (but may be going down to 16) pants, Large tops. Starting weight for weight loss was 180 .....Prior to gaining all the weight, I was a size 8 or 10 in pants, small in tops and weighed 130.
  • radcas11
    radcas11 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    radcas11 wrote: »
    SW:243
    CW:98
    HGT:5'2
    SIZE: S in shirts and 0 in jeans

Wow, radcas! 98#? That is dramatic weight loss. Did you use MFP, counting calories & exercise? Or did you do something special? How did you get from point A to point B? It's easy to get discouraged, but when I see something like that, it really gives me hope. I'm a shorty, 5'3" and I have a LOT to lose, so that is super inspirational to see! Congratulations! How long did it take you to lose? Sorry for all the questions... I'm just so inspired by your success. :smile:

I had gastric bypass in August of last year. It took me almost a year to lose the weight. It was easily one of the best decisions I've ever made. MFP has really helped to maintain my weight though. I plan on using this app probably forever. It really makes me accountable. Thank you so much! It's an awesome feeling to know that I can inspire someone else!

• ViolaLeeBlueberry
    ViolaLeeBlueberry Posts: 182 Member
    edited November 2014
    Options
    I'm 5 ft 2, and for years and years, I was an eternal 112 pounds. No matter what, it just didn't change. But that was before husband, kid, and the passage of many moons and many dinners :smile:

At 54, it looks like this:

SW 158
    CW 147
    GW 136

That's top of my healthy weight range. Then I'll see. I don't expect to see 112 again, and don't particularly need to. I just want to be as fit as I can be to do what I want to do. Including gaining a few holiday pounds, for instance, while still being within an OK weight range and knowing I can quickly lose it! I want more "wiggle room" in my weight as well as my jeans.

At 112, as I recall, I was generally a size 6 and sometimes a size 4, but it depended on cut. It still does. Currently in jeans am a US 14 P, but could probably do a 12 now (!!!) ... Oh, and should add I'm also a big leggings person -- wear a lot of kurti tops in sizes ranging from 36 to 40 European (depending on cut again).

FWIW I've lost 11 pounds, and astoundingly, it made the difference between "pear" and "apple." All the weight charts I did online indicated it would take many more pounds of weight loss to be a pear. But I lost two inches from my waist (and nothing much from my butt, LOL), and while I still have a lot to go, I did get to that heart-healthy(er) "pear," which is part of my goal. So you never know!

Also ...... where I live, in South Asia, people are often surprised that I'm considered "short" in the US. Here I'm average ... or actually, on the tall side.
  • msstacey95
    Options
    I'm 5'3" I weigh in at 131 currently. I don't know my jean size because I only really wear leggings, but I"m a medium in those generally. And a small or medium in tops. I find I have a lot of extra body fat even though my BMI is technically healthy, especially around my middle. If I measure around my bellybutton it's 34 inches around. I have a goal weight of 113 pounds
  • RaspberryTickleChicken
    Options
    What is your height, weight and clothes size?

4'10" (Petite Frame)
    131 lbs (12/2012)
    94 lbs (Current)
    0 or S in Petite / 00 or XS Regular
  • craftymommy
    craftymommy Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Shortie here too (my 10-yr old is as tall as me now!)

5'2"
    172 lbs
    Size L shirt
    Size 12 pants