Winter Lunch Ideas (on the go/for work)

What do you guys eat for lunch during the colder/winter months? I'm especially looking for easy, on-the-go meal ideas for work. When it's warmer, I've always stuck to salads and sandwiches, but I'm looking to mix things up now that it's colder. Thanks!

Replies

• BenjaminS_Fitness
    BenjaminS_Fitness Posts: 70 Member
    Chicken, rice and veggies with curry powder/fajita seasoning. (my post workout)
    tastes really good even cold.
  • EMTFreakGirl
    EMTFreakGirl Posts: 597 Member
    Soups...I make up big pot/Crockpot batches and freeze them in individual portion containers. Easy to grab and go...can heat up anywhere there's a microwave. I also stock up on canned white meat chicken and tuna; Great protein and you can add as little or as much as you'd like. I also precook a bunch of chicken breast, pork tenderloin and an eye of round roast every couple weeks and proportion out; then can add to soups, roasted veggies, etc.
  • HolliCooper
    HolliCooper Posts: 12 Member
    I seem to naturally cook for 4 people and with it just being me and my fiance at home that means we both get leftovers for lunch the next day to re-heat. As long as you don't mind having the same thing for lunch as you had for dinner last night and access to a microwave, I find it works pretty well. :).