Starting over again!

Options
Well, everyday is a new day to begin again and do it right!
Reaching out to others for accountability and camaraderie - Let's DO this!

Was on the path of fitness and nutrition, then my father fell ill, and then passed away- and the comfort food habit increased, along with my waistline.

Joined the gym 6 weeks ago, have been going 4-5 times a week-
but i cannot out train my over-eating and sugar cravings- back on myfitness pal and doing my food diary!

Replies

• Annr
    Annr Posts: 2,765 Member
    Options
    no worries, think of your body as a furnace that needs to be "stoked" every couple of hrs. No big meals, just healthy snacks. Every meal is a snack and every snack is a meal. No huge meals to make you feel uuuck after. You can do this :-)
  • 50sFit
    50sFit Posts: 712 Member
    Options
    Welcome!
    You have taken a bold step for yourself. Congratulations.
    I had to learn and follow the MFP recommendations for steady and lasting results.
    Eat clean, log all your foods and set your calorie intake to lose 1 pound per week.
    Exercise both cardio and strength, and eat back your exercise calories.
    It's simple. Here is a great read which may help.
    http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/1080242/a-guide-to-get-you-started-on-your-path-to-sexypants/p1
    Losing weight is simple but just hard.
    You can do this!
    Good Luck
    <3
  • DterMined2012
    DterMined2012 Posts: 600 Member
    Options
    We all have our ons and offs, but as you said, everyday is a new beginning! You can do this! You have the working out on track and that is a MAJOR accomplishment! Stay focused! Give up a couple bad foods per week until you are rid of ALL! Good luck! You are welcome to add me as a friend :)
  • ellie0213
    ellie0213 Posts: 562 Member
    Options
    Getting those cravings and bingeing under control is tough. Feel free to add me for support.