20 Pounds by January

Hi, I just wanted to get to know some people on here and try and lose 20 by Jan. Is there anyone else trying to reach this goal or whom wants to try this as well? I just joined this site after my cousin recommended it to me and see if I could gain some friends as well :)

Replies

• Oh sorry for the spam, I didn't know that the other one posted already
  • jmperry18
    jmperry18 Posts: 34 Member
    Hi there! I'm trying to lose 20 lbs. by January as well! Let's keep each other motivated. :D
  • elydotap
    elydotap Posts: 13 Member
    It took me 23 weeks to lose 20 lbs. So good luck losing that in 8.5 weeks.
  • GreenIceFloes
    GreenIceFloes Posts: 1,491 Member
    Frankly, you shouldn't be losing at a rate higher than 0.5-1 lb/week with only 20 lbs to lose. You should give it till March/April.
  • GreenIceFloes
    Also, just in case this is you: http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10014995/i-feel-like-im-being-judged-and-looked-down-by-others#latest

I don't mean to interfere, but I don't think losing a lot of weight very fast is the solution to feeling less depressed or making more friends. The reason this might be the case for you is that you gain confidence after shedding some pounds, and also feel freer to go out and talk to people. And the point of working out is not to push yourself to the point of almost throwing up, it's supposed to make you feel recharged and good. Your weight and your friends and your happiness are all different things. Take it slow and easy. It's going to work out.
  • 999tigger
    999tigger Posts: 5,235 Member
    Are you trying to lose it by Jan 1 or Jan 31? Big difference considering the time frame.
  • Trishism
    Trishism Posts: 79 Member
    edited November 2014
    I'll add you! I'm hoping to lose 20 by January as well!

OP just stated they'd like to lose 20 by January. Maybe it's their first goal they've set. Anyway, I've lost 32lbs since the last week of August without making myself sick from working out or starving myself, so it can be done.

Edit: Oh nvm, their account is deactivated?
  • GreenIceFloes
    Trishism wrote: »
    I'll add you! I'm hoping to lose 20 by January as well!

OP just stated they'd like to lose 20 by January. Maybe it's their first goal they've set. Anyway, I've lost 32lbs since the last week of August without making myself sick from working out or starving myself, so it can be done.

Edit: Oh nvm, their account is deactivated?

She has been opening and deactivating accounts for some time now. I think there are deeper issues to be dealt with here than her last 20 lbs, if you check out her last thread. All the best to her, in any case.
  • Trishism
    Trishism Posts: 79 Member
    Ohhh, I see! Well I hope she figures things out all right. :)