Creating a new fitness magazine! Come join me!

Options
Hello! Although this is my (technically second) day on mfp, I am so excited to be involved in such a wonderful and inspirational community!
I've read a lot of fitness magazines. I'm going to keep it there because "a lot" is such an understatement that it's not even funny. But the people in the fitness magazines, the people writing the articles or posing for pictures - showing us how amazing they look when they lift or run - among these people I have never seen someone like myself, who is overweight, short, rather nerdy, and isn't completely fashion conscious who just wants to be a healthier me. I'm just fed up with looking ONLY at fitness gurus or beefy bods that all seem like they don't need what they are showing me what to do -don't get me wrong, fitness gurus are amazing! especially when you desperately need information about something that is accurate! It just...doesn't feel...realistic to me. That's the work I'm looking for. Real.

So I've decided to create my own magazine. A magazine/blog that shows real people with real goals and real diversity. People who are looking to lose weight, have healthier eating habits, have higher self esteem, live a healthy lifestyle, tone what they already have, and/or just become a better person in general. This magazine will show not only the people who read it, but ourselves, the diversity of the population of this planet and that everyone needs a chance to be motivated, inspired, encouraged, by real, unedited, relate-able individuals.

The magazine's title is "Too?" - are you constantly told you are too much of something? Or are you excited that you've found someone who is like you too?

So if you are interested in helping me with this goal, friend me or send me a message, and/or comment on this thread, and we can work out together how to inspire those who are like you. All ages, all sexes and genders, all sexual orientations, all races, all ethnicities, all body-types, and all goals are invited to help show the world what REAL people need.

Replies

• abbiperets
    abbiperets Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Sounds awesome. :-)

I'm a 37 year old mom of 5 kids, so I'm thinking that a flat stomach is not in the cards without some surgery...but I also feel like I earned my stretch marks. Feel free to contact me -- I'm also a professional writer. :-)
  • Theravenchild
    Options
    Thank you, GuitarJerry, for your luck! I may need it! And that may be why I have no competition with this kind of magazine! Maybe I should take a poll to see how popular something like this could be :) However, it's popularity doesn't concern me at the moment. What does is that this group of published material (whether it be online or in print) reaches those who need, want, and deserve it. As far as I know, the majority of us want to know that we aren't alone.

And abbiperets, you sound AMAZING! I will contact you right away! :D