"External" motivation

Options
Hailei
Hailei Posts: 86 Member
edited November 2014 in Motivation and Support
Hello, I've been a member for some time and really used this site and it's journal in 2012 and it helped me a lot. I lost a lot of weight. But at some point I stoped registering my daily info and then fogot about it. I've lost more weight in2013 but this year, after going through some personal problems, I've started gaining and I did gain SOME back...
Now I wanna start over, but I kept trying for weeks and after a day or two, I always give into temptation or laziness. I know very well what's missing, my motivation. In 2012 I just woke up one day and decided I wanna be happier and that this would make me happier. And it did.
Now, the thing is I know it should come from the inside, but I really wanna help myself getting that motivation ar the surface.
Thing is, in 2012 I'd watch "biggest loser" a lot and it really pumped me. At times I'd exercise during the show, that's how energized I'd feel.
Do you have any kind of support material of this sort? Tv Shows, documentaries about healthy life, movies, Facebook pages, Pinterest boards, blogs, succes stories? I hope you're gonna share them with me and help me remember why it's all worth it :)

Replies

• 50sFit
    50sFit Posts: 712 Member
    edited November 2014
    Options
    I lost 93 pounds and have maintained for 3 years.
    qqfqxvz2eiqq.jpg

I hope to inspire and motivate others with my success, but at some point, you must tap your own passions. External motivation can work for a season, but at day's end, it will fail you.
    Lasting inspiration must come from within, and if I had to sum it up in a single word, that word would be GOALS!

To stoke the fires of your internal energy, tap into your most cherished passions in every area of your life. Set goals for yourself that are specific, time bound and reasonable.
    Here is a Wikipedia article that helps with various links to other resources. You can learn about goal setting and never need to buy anything from some internet guru or whoever...

Goal Setting
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Goal_setting

Once you set a goal, make a plan to get there, take action and that's when your internal motivation kicks into gear. Good luck to you!
    <3
  • thegreatcanook
    thegreatcanook Posts: 2,419 Member
    Options
    I'd love to cheer you on. Add me!
  • Hailei
    edited November 2014
    Options
    @50sfit Thank you, you are right about the long term motivation as oppossed to the short term one, but that's precisely what I'm lacking now :) You know, as when you go to the gym and you know you have to do it, you wanna, you know why but this doesnt mean an upbeat song won't help you move with more energy :)
    PS: I'm looking at your pics, wow, that's some wieght loss, congrats!! I've lost kinf of 50 myself, but gained 20 back :|
    @thegreatcanook I'll add you, thanks
  • gem_192
    gem_192 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Hey, feel free to add me too and we can support each other :) Also, search antishay on YouTube - a few years ago she lost a ton of weight and she is one of the most motivating people I've ever watched. She's got three years worth of videos to get through, plus a weight loss documentary channel (which I also watch when I need inspiration - Below the Yellow Line). I'd also suggest the Success Stories boards on here, and searching "Weight Loss Quotes" on Pinterest.

As far as goal setting goes, what's really kept me on plan this time around is setting myself rewards for every five pounds I lose. I really want the haircut I've promised myself in two pounds time! ;)
  • Hailei
    Options
    Hahaha cool @gem_192 , i too need a haircut :)) And a hair-dye. Might do the trick, thanks a lot, I'll check your tips and add you, hope we can encourage eachother
  • yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    Options
    What motivates me most is pretending that I am writing my own success story. Im the TV show. Im the ABC special. I'm the Biggest Loser. hey you know what? Maybe the last day of every month you make your own video blog update? Lots of people go over everything they do at the end of the month before starting a new one, if this is what motivates you - maybe you really should start recording your progress.

Eventually... you will actually have your own story recorded!
  • Hailei
    Options
    Thanks @yoovie, that s quite an interesting idea ^_^
  • yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    Options
    imagine watching yourself slowly shrink when you watch them all!!!!
This discussion has been closed.