Misfit flash activity atracker

Options
Looking at possibly getting this. Anyone have it? I cannot afford anything ver 50.00 and wanted something to wear on my wrist since I workout a lot.

Replies

• GulfcoastAL
    GulfcoastAL Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    I just got one two days ago and I love it. You just can't beat the price! You don't have to set it to measure sleep or going for a run or a walk. From what I understand, you will only have to set other activities like cycling, swimming. It is battery charged like a watch and it tells time, too!

It synced up to MFP with no problem, and it is easy to tell the difference between the MFP calories and the Misfit Flash adjustments. I can put in my exercise on MFP OR I can let the Flash do it automatically. I wanted to see how much I am expending calorie-wise, since I am very sedentary. Well, I burn around 100 extra calories a day so far!

The only problem can be it will only work with Bluetooth 4.0 so you'll need an iPhone 4s or newer....
    Also, in reviews on Amazon- people seem to have big problems with it after putting in water( you are supposed to be able to swim wearing it).
  • Taith
    Taith Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I'm used to a tracker with a busy user forum. Does Misfit have one?
  • GulfcoastAL
    GulfcoastAL Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    You can connect with other users on their app for comparison, but it's pretty basic. It will compare your activity to them from yesterday or today. There is also a newsfeed but it's not that exciting to me.
    What is exciting with this tracker is how accurate it seems to be for me with sleep or with activities. It won't really pick up activities you don't want to count like , for instance, sitting around stuffing envelopes or folding items. It counts steps and stairs. But say you are out dancing- it will pick it up as a separate activity. I like it for when I go for a walk or run- it will tell me what time I started so I don't have to keep up with how long. It tells distance you went total in the day, but not for the separate exercise. I wish it separated it out (because I don't always keep up with that when I plan my walks) but it doesn't . But I really still love it!!!

Right now, the Misfit website has them on sale for $24.99 from their extended Black Friday pricing. Best Buy has special colors for $24.99 now also.
  • jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Options
    The FitBit Zip is about $50 and has a bigger forum. It is about as you describe except for the underwater part.