10k question

Options
I'm training for a 10 k in March. My question is... Can I wear headphones and listen to music as I run it? I feel like I will come to a standstill if I don't have music to pump me along. I ask this question because on looking at a race page the other day it said, 'no headphones in case you need to hear instructions'
Is that usually the case ?

Replies

• taeliesyn
    taeliesyn Posts: 1,116 Member
    Options
    Some races will let you wear headphones others wont. Check your specific event, and email them if you don't find the details on the website.
    If you do wear them, either only wear them over/in 1 ear or ensure you've got the volume low enough to still hear your surroundings like people calling etc.
  • watchhillgirl
    watchhillgirl Posts: 597 Member
    Options
    Some races require no headphones and some allow them. If on a busy street or course I would advise not using them.
  • Edie30
    Edie30 Posts: 216
    Options
    Thanks. I think I'm just worried because my music really carries me along at the moment and 10 k see,s like a long way :smiley:
  • ka97
    ka97 Posts: 1,984 Member
    Options
    Most races don't actually enforce the no headphones rule. You could try looking up last year's photos to see if anyone is wearing them. If you do wear them, keep the volume low enough that you can still hear what is going on around you.
  • Edie30
    Edie30 Posts: 216
    Options
    I like it loud!! I'm hoping that on the day the atmosphere just carries me along so I will probaly just go with the no headphone thing :-) thanks for your replies :-)