What foods do you eat more of since starting here?

Options
segacs
segacs Posts: 4,599 Member
For me it's milk. I love cheese, yogurt, ice cream, etc. but I've never been a huge fan of just drinking a glass of milk (outside of putting it in coffee). Still, since I've started here again, I find that I'm drinking more of it, both because it's a good way to boost those protein and calcium numbers that always seem to be too low, and because I find myself suddenly and inexplicably craving it.

Have any foods been added (or re-added) to your diet since you started logging food here?

Replies

• libbydoodle11
    libbydoodle11 Posts: 1,351 Member
    Options
    I find my self eating ice cream and chips more often than I used to.
  • Blueseraphchaos
    Blueseraphchaos Posts: 843 Member
    Options
    All i can really think of its greek yogurt, lol. I'm lactose intolerant, but i can handle some things, and greek yogurt happens to be one of those things i can up my protein and calcium with. Oh, and eggs...since they're roughly 75 calories, cheap, and easy to make.
  • Trishism
    Trishism Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Yeah, eggs for me definitely. Eggs, tuna, sweet potatoes, squash, and lately we've been having a lot of mashed cauliflower, too. Really good!
  • FlatWet
    FlatWet Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    Greek yogurt for me.
    Literally can't live without it.
  • Fruitylicious03
    Options
    Just generally more cooked food.

Pre-mfp I usually ate sugary cereal for breakfast, and a sandwhich with jam for dinner with a glass of milk.

Now for breakfast it's something more substantial like bacon and eggs, bran cereal and a fruit, oatmeal, cottage cheese mixed with yogurt ect.

For dinner its some type of protein with vegetables, and I also have protein and vegetables for lunch, then I just add a carb.

I rarely ever eat bread anymore. Just does not fill me up like it used to.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    Options
    Greek yogurt, veggies, never touched a protein bar before I started losing weight. The rest hasn't changed that much, I just eat less of some things.
  • cw106
    cw106 Posts: 952 Member
    edited November 2014
    Options
    quorn.
    fresh veg.
    yoghurt.
    chicken .
    turkey.
    protein shakes.
    milk
    sugar free jelly( jello)
    cheesestrings
    mini pepperami
    100 cal cereal bars.
    fruit.
    fresh soup.
  • Kontxesi
    Kontxesi Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Greek yogurt, for sure. I've had a hard time hitting my protein goals, so it helps with that. I also like to add some chopped up chocolate nutty bits and some stevia for a nice dessert that's almost better than ice cream.

Also, I used potatoes at home for the first time in about 2 years yesterday. I cut them out originally because I like to dump fatty things all over them, but I don't think it's possible to hit my potassium RDV without them. I'll be trying to work them back in responsibly.

• segacs
    segacs Posts: 4,599 Member
    Options
    I'm not tracking potassium because it isn't on any of the food labels. So most foods in the MFP database don't have values for it input. You may be getting more potassium than you think.
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    Greek yogurt (I have one a day)
    Eggs a couple mornings a week (from about once every six months)
    Tuna
    String cheese
    Lots of fresh produce (mainly bananas, apples, and broccoli)
  • Kontxesi
    Kontxesi Posts: 86 Member
    edited November 2014
    Options
    segacs wrote: »
    I'm not tracking potassium because it isn't on any of the food labels. So most foods in the MFP database don't have values for it input. You may be getting more potassium than you think.

That's a valid point. I use the USDA values for my veggies, meat, and fruit, so the potassium is listed there. But, for example, the Trader Joe's roasted garlic marinara says 0 potassium, and that's not true. Thanks for pointing that out!
  • lindzalexis
    lindzalexis Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Protein of all sorts. I am a carb addict and used to stuff myself with pasta, potatoes, bread, etc. Now I focus on protein-based meals and snacks to keep me full longer. So far so good!
  • rsclause
    rsclause Posts: 3,103 Member
    Options
    Almond milk
    Oatmeal
    Tree nuts
    Produce
  • LazyCatPame
    LazyCatPame Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    Vegetables in general. I kept calling them grass six months ago and the only one I would eat was tomato, now I eat practically every veggie I happen to find
  • Just_Ceci
    Just_Ceci Posts: 5,926 Member
    Options
    peanut butter
  • 20yearsyounger
    20yearsyounger Posts: 1,643 Member
    Options
    Yogurt, cheese, salad
  • MarziPanda95
    MarziPanda95 Posts: 1,326 Member
    Options
    I ate a lot of eggs before, but now I'm eating even more :blush: also agree on the protein, I'm eating more meat than before and less white rice which I used to eat a lot of.
  • Alidecker
    Alidecker Posts: 1,262 Member
    Options
    Definitely eggs. I ate them before, but now they are a go to meal for when I am feeling lazy about cooking. They are cheap and easy!
  • zeal26
    zeal26 Posts: 602 Member
    Options
    Eggs. Never even used to eat them at all and now have eggs daily.
    Coffee. Decided to cut sodas out but need my caffeine somehow.
    Yoghurt. Part of my dessert every night now (chopped fruit, yoghurt and muesli).
  • dunnodunno
    dunnodunno Posts: 2,290 Member
    Options
    I would say without a doubt vegetables! I used to hate peas, cauliflower, & broccoli & now eat them at least a few times a week. The only vegetable I still cannot stand cooked is carrots.

I also wouldn't have tried Cottage Cheese before (I thought it looked like vomit).