Nursing school hell

Options
I am in the first semester of my senior year for my BSN program. Right now, I (no joke and no lie) feel like my main instructor is actively trying to fail me. I will not get into too many details here, but this person has made my life an absolute hell lately. I am being required to do more assignments and held to a much higher standard, just to name a few of the problems. It is incredibly unfair. I guess I am writing this to see if anyone else here has been in a similar situation, and if so, how you all handled it.

I have already had my nursing school graduation pushed off a year from my daughter getting seriously ill back in September of 2012. That was emotionally and financially devastating. It cannot happen again. If my instructor "succeeds" in giving me an unsatisfactory grade for my clinical and I cannot fight it in the student grievance process, I am basically done with nursing school and have to figure out what the hell I am going to do to pay back $40,000 in student loans without a nursing degree or RN job. Any constructive criticism or good advice is welcome!

Replies

• harlequin0318
    harlequin0318 Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    Don't you have a board of nursing at your school? Or speak to the department head. I didn't have an experience like this - nor have any of my other BSN grads - but this is just appalling
  • RodaRose
    RodaRose Posts: 9,562 Member
    Options
    Because it is unfair is all the more reason to work hard to make this workout. Some suggestions:
    1 Go meet with her. Often school is about establishing good relationships with the teachers.
    2 Go to her supervisor / head/ chair.
    3 See a counselor at the school. You are trying to do too much on your own. The counselors have seen this before. Also they can offer insights.
  • noexcusesjustresults2014
    noexcusesjustresults2014 Posts: 212 Member
    edited November 2014
    Options
    Work harder!