Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Cardio and depression

Is this a thing or just something weird specific to me?

A few months ago I started feeling really poorly after cardio (Zumba specifically). The class would start out okay but as the class went on I would find myself glancing at the clock over and over again, and wanting to leave. My regular class is full of friendly acquaintances and friends, so there's no bad vibes there. After most classes, I would feel upset, like I wanted to cry, and would feel awfully mopey for HOURS. Isn't exercise supposed to help depression and not cause it?

It wasn't stress from overexercising as I had dropped Zumba down to 2 days a week because I was doing other things.

When I am in regular dance class, I do not feel depressed after. Regular dance class isn't so cardio heavy though, my dance classes have a lot of strength and conditioning components to them.

Worth seeing a doctor over? Will have to wait until my new insurance kicks in as my current insurance hardly pays for anything.

Replies

• arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,573 Member
    Not worth seeing a doctor over...You still like your other dance classes. Stop going to zumba for awhile, try something new :)