Does anyone else's weight fluctuate throughout the week?!

Options
So I find that one day I will weight 3 lbs more than the day before, even though I have been within my limits! Does anyone else have this?

I do consistently lose every week when I weigh on a Sunday, but it's just annoying watching those scales go up and down!!

Replies

• Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    This morning I weighed 8.5lbs more than I did yesterday morning. By this evening, I'd dropped 4lbs from that.
  • quackers82
    quackers82 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    It can be down to just the glycogen levels (carbohydrates) stored in your liver changing amounts. It needs 4 grams of water for every 1 gram of glycogen. This kind of thing happens large scale when people do those silly low carb diets, they basically empty out there carb stores in the liver and obviously all that water weight goes with it too. So whilst your weight may have gone up your fat levels could have dropped and its just your carb stores and water being topped up.
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,151 Member
    Options
    Totally normal daily fluctuations.
  • MityMax96
    MityMax96 Posts: 5,778 Member
    Options
    vicward1 wrote: »
    So I find that one day I will weight 3 lbs more than the day before, even though I have been within my limits! Does anyone else have this?

I do consistently lose every week when I weigh on a Sunday, but it's just annoying watching those scales go up and down!!

You may find this an interesting read

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-2510097/Ross-Edgley-lost-2-stone-24-hours-ON-DAY.html

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-2507184/I-lost-nearly-2-stone-24-HOURS-Sport-scientist-proves-rapid-weight-loss-IS-possible-youre-prepared-exercise-wearing-bin-bags-eat-carbs-drink-nothing.html
  • 999tigger
    999tigger Posts: 5,235 Member
    Options
    Why would it be annoying. As everyone said its completely normal. If you are going to weigh daily then you just need to realise these fluctuations happen and if you wnat more consistent readings, then weigh at the same time each day. Plenty weight first thing in the morning before breakfast and after they have been to the loo.

I would take anything the DM says with a massive pinch of salt. One day they will say something is good for you and the next they will say it will kill you. They take delight in twisting findings to make the dramatic out of it.
  • Ninkyou
    Ninkyou Posts: 6,666 Member
    Options
    Yes, because your weight isn't a static number. There's all sorts of variables that will make it fluctuate. This is why you hear alot that weight loss isn't linear. Your 3 lbs could be from sodium, exercise, time of the month, ovulation... all sorts of things. Just keep going and as long as there's a downward trend over time, you're doing a good job.
  • Fruitylicious03
    Options
    I'm pretty sure every single human's weight fluctuates through the day, and weeks. Especially on a Monday, after a few Saturday beers and that nice Sunday roast dinner you had. :wink:

I would suggest weighing once a week, at the same time and under the same conditions (naked, after toilet, before eat).
  • KylaDenay
    KylaDenay Posts: 1,585 Member
    Options
    Fluctuations throughout the week is normal.
  • Rubyew
    Rubyew Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    I know just what you mean... I am trying to wean myself off the constant jumping on the scales every morning and try only to check once a week. Long term if it is going down, it is working. :) Thank you for posting.
  • CJsf1t
    CJsf1t Posts: 414 Member
    Options
    I check my weight daily and yes I see a lot of fluctuations. I only note my weekly weight every Sunday. Typically each week for the first 3-4 days the weight drops lower than 2 lbs, sometimes up to 3-4 lbs. Then towards the end of the week it goes up and the net loss is usually 1.5-1.8 lbs.