Sub 4-hour marathon

Options
Ran my 4th marathon on 1 Nov, the Monumental in Indianapolis, and broke 4 hours for the first time with a 3:45:53. Took 42 minutes off my previous best, which was back in May.

Replies

• shana100100
    shana100100 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    WOW! Congratulations!!! I'm doing one next week, and would be so happy to break 4 hours. 42 minutes off your personal best is ah-MAZ-ing! (*) :)
  • rontuu
    rontuu Posts: 23
    Options
    Fantastic job! Good for you!
  • ka97
    ka97 Posts: 1,984 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!!!
  • nuhorizons1814
    nuhorizons1814 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    OMG, that's fantastic. Great job!
  • Polly1890
    Polly1890 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Incredible! Ive heard great things about that course! Congrats on a great accomplishment!
  • carliekitty
    carliekitty Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    You must of really trained your butt off! Awesome job =)
  • glevinso
    glevinso Posts: 1,895 Member
    Options
    3:45 isn't "just breaking 4 hours". That's crushing it... :smiley:
  • hermann341
    hermann341 Posts: 443 Member
    Options
    You must of really trained your butt off! Awesome job =)

Literally and figuratively. I lost about 30 pounds between marathons.
  • MinimalistShoeAddict
    MinimalistShoeAddict Posts: 1,946 Member
    Options
    nice work!
  • deluxmary2000
    deluxmary2000 Posts: 981 Member
    Options
    That's crazy fast. Congrats!! When did you start running?
  • Wronkletoad
    Wronkletoad Posts: 368 Member
    Options
    so cool! congrats!

which program did you use? (besides "tons of sweat, guts, and drive" of course)
  • hermann341
    Options
    Diet wise, I've been going lower carb (15% C, 50% F, 35% P). Running wise, I was running a 60 min tempo run on Tuesdays (5 min warmup & 5 min cool down), a 60 min progression run on Thursdays (5 min warmup & 5 min cool down), and a 12 to 22 mile long run on Saturdays. Mon/Weds/Fri is 60 mins of HR level 3 cardio on my NordicTrac ski machine. I'm looking to qualify for Boston 1 March, so I've added 10 minutes to my Tues/Thurs workouts, and will be doing hill repeats and progression runs on alternate weeks. BTW, Tues/Thurs are on my treadmill.
  • hermann341
    Options
    That's crazy fast. Congrats!! When did you start running?

I started running Oct 2011 after a 16 year hiatus. Five months into training I developed compartment syndrome and regained a bunch of weight I had lost. I continued running as best as I could until I recovered from the compartment syndrome. Jan of this year I restarted my diet and was able to train properly for 10 solid months with no injuries.

• soxobsessed
    soxobsessed Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    you are awesome
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!