Ridiculously hungry and extremely tired...

Options
It's my dreaded TOM.. To be honest, I usually don't mind actually but it's hit me hard this month! Sorry if there are a million threads about this out there already, but I just needed some advice and support from fellow girls..!
I've honestly never felt this hungry or tired before on my period! I had a big breakfast and then went to work out.. My whole body was exhuasted and I was starving I couldn't finish the workout. I've had 2 lunches and my stomach is still growling and it's only 2:30!! I'm lying in bed physically drained, I feel like I just finished running a marathon.
Basically, I know my body is demanding food and it's not just cravings, should I eat even though it will definetely put me over my calorie limit?
Any home remedies to deal with this crappy time?
Any advice is appreciated (:

Replies

• psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,394 MFP Moderator
    edited November 2014
    Options
    Can you open your food diary? I suspect it's either you are short on calories or short on fats/protein/fiber.

Also, have you had any blood test recently? It could be a vitamin/mineral deficiency.
  • LadyTalulah
    LadyTalulah Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    No point in opening my food diary, I don't log anything on this website!
    I'm 5'5, 120lbs, just under 20% bf, eating 2100cals approximately, 120g protein! I workout Monday to Friday around 2hours/day, heavy lifting, minimal cardio.
    Now that you say that, it could be an iron defficiency. I'm a vegetarian and have had problems with that in the past. Can't believe I never even thought of that. Guess my minds slow too today…
    What do you think about going over for today? I went over one day this weekend by a few hundred but I'm really hungry atm…
    Thanks!!
  • psuLemon
    Options
    No point in opening my food diary, I don't log anything on this website!
    I'm 5'5, 120lbs, just under 20% bf, eating 2100cals approximately, 120g protein! I workout Monday to Friday around 2hours/day, heavy lifting, minimal cardio.
    Now that you say that, it could be an iron defficiency. I'm a vegetarian and have had problems with that in the past. Can't believe I never even thought of that. Guess my minds slow too today…
    What do you think about going over for today? I went over one day this weekend by a few hundred but I'm really hungry atm…
    Thanks!!

Since you are a vegetarian, it could be a B12 or iron issue as well. Personally, if you can eat foods high in iron, i would go over. But most with iron are dark leave greens so you wouldn't be going over too much.
  • LizN63
    LizN63 Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    I'd try for some iron rich foods like eggs and greens, pulses and dried fruit today (go over if you have to, your body is trying to tell you something), but in the longer term go see your GP and get tested, it may be that you need a supplement or to keep a watchful eye on your diet.
  • psuLemon
    Options
    Also, are you making sure you get the right types of proteins to ensure you are getting complete proteins?
  • Kellyfitness128
    Kellyfitness128 Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    There's one day of the month that I let myself eat whatever the hell I want..... and that's the one day that PMS hits me hard, lol. I'm literally unsatiable on that day no matter how much I eat. So I plan for it, don't feel guilty about it, and move on the next day. :)
  • Lizzy622
    Lizzy622 Posts: 3,705 Member
    Options
    Hersey's kisses dark chocolate and an iron supplement when I feel I need it gets me thru TOM.