Did you survive Halloween weekend?

Options
I somehow managed to lose 1 pound since Friday. Considering I have 4 children and enough candy to open a candy store currently on my dining room table, I was pretty happy. haha

You know you are on a weight loss kick when you think "Good. Monday is here and I can get back to a normal routine."

Replies

• Phrick
    Phrick Posts: 2,765 Member
    Options
    haha, no normal routine for us yet, our school district "gave" us today off (teacher work day) so my schedule won't return to normal till tomorrow.

I gained over Halloween weekend despite only having 5 pieces of halloween candy - it's not the cheap and generally bland Hershey's candy that got me though. It was a combination of factors like the arrival of TOM, the fact that I made cookies that turned out to be 158 calories each and then ate like 11 of them, and it that it got stupid cold in the mornings when I usually walk/run so I have been much less active than usual. Even so, for all that I'm still up only 2 pounds from my lowest, which is a pretty normal "fluctuation" (if I dare call it that), and I'm not complaining.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    I managed to keep a deficit this week, which hasn't been the case in a while! I had 7 pieces of candy in 3 days. Not too bad.
  • SonicDeathMonkey80
    SonicDeathMonkey80 Posts: 4,489 Member
    Options
    I survive everyday, holidays are no different. When you don't look at holidays as "food survival mode" they're just like any other day.
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    Just another day with different treats to fit into my caloric allowance.
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,573 Member
    Options
    I don't have kids and I live on a creepy street in Brooklyn so no treat-or-treaters. Even if I had been surrounded my chocolate I'm sure I'd still be alive. It was my birthday though and I had brownie and a cheesy omelette and a huge sandwich. Still, survived.
  • brightsideofpink
    brightsideofpink Posts: 1,018 Member
    Options
    Oh I completely indulged. And survived.
    I knew it was coming, and I knew that with two kids I'd be swimming in a weekend of chocolate temptation. So I saved up extra calories through the week and recorded all my spare calories and gave them back to myself for the weekend. And when I went over that, I dragged my chocolate filled self to the gym and pushed myself for two of my longest runs to date.
    I'm pretty sure I logged 650 calories in Hershey's products on Friday alone. And have zero regrets.
  • MattNorrisUL
    MattNorrisUL Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    I am not a big candy person except for Reese's and I hate skittles. My kids seemed to get a plethora of skittles so the temptation wasn't strong. I rand 3 miles Friday and 3 miles Sunday which felt a lot better than any candy though. :)
  • jnv7594
    jnv7594 Posts: 983 Member
    Options
    My daughter managed to score a full sized Snickers bar at one house, lol. She hates Snickers, so I ate it. Just fit it into my calories for the day. That was all I had for candy. Honestly, I haven't had one for a while, and it didn't even taste that good. It's amazing how much tastes can change once you've been eating healthier for a while.
  • arditarose
    Options
    jnv7594 wrote: »
    My daughter managed to score a full sized Snickers bar at one house, lol. She hates Snickers, so I ate it. Just fit it into my calories for the day. That was all I had for candy. Honestly, I haven't had one for a while, and it didn't even taste that good. It's amazing how much tastes can change once you've been eating healthier for a while.

That, and I actually eat more chocolate now that I've been counting calories-but never snickers and stuff. Usually high quality/dark chocolate. Now snickers and hershey's stuff just doesn't taste good.
  • 100andOnward
    100andOnward Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    Halloween, I kept to my deficit, but the day after and yesterday I went WAY off the rails. Not even with candy! We just had cake and chips and cheese in the house and not much else. I'm trying not to worry about it.
  • KylaDenay
    KylaDenay Posts: 1,585 Member
    Options
    I did pretty well. Stuck to my goal no matter what I ate. Also didn't miss a workout.
  • 0somuchbetter0
    0somuchbetter0 Posts: 1,335 Member
    Options
    I gave myself permission to eat the candy without guilt. I didn't gorge on it, but I did indulge in plenty of mini KitKats and Recees peanutbutter cups. Weight stayed the same.
  • jnv7594
    jnv7594 Posts: 983 Member
    Options
    arditarose wrote: »

That, and I actually eat more chocolate now that I've been counting calories-but never snickers and stuff. Usually high quality/dark chocolate. Now snickers and hershey's stuff just doesn't taste good.

Same here. I treat myself pretty much every day to something. Usually I have a Luna bar, and to be honest, my favorite Nuts Over Chocolate Luna bar tastes better to me than that Snickers did.
  • Kalikel
    Kalikel Posts: 9,626 Member
    Options
    No.

I. Ate. Candy.

Didn't regret it then, but do now.

Climbing back up on the horse...:)
  • arditarose
    Options
    arditarose wrote: »

Same here. I treat myself pretty much every day to something. Usually I have a Luna bar, and to be honest, my favorite Nuts Over Chocolate Luna bar tastes better to me than that Snickers did.

Love luna bars. I also love how I actually eat dessert more often now on a deficit. I used to feel guilty about my food because in my heart I knew I was eating too much. Now...I'm not, so bring on the chocolate!
  • gothchiq
    gothchiq Posts: 4,590 Member
    Options
    I was bad. I ate bad things and drank booze. However, I did exercise also. I went to a punk rock show and I moshed. I logged that as vigorous calisthenics. lol
  • lemonsurprise
    lemonsurprise Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    I over ate, only by around 200-300 on 2 days but weighed myself this morning and I've lost 2lbs over the weekend!
  • refuseresist
    refuseresist Posts: 934 Member
    Options
    No, I died
  • arditarose
    Options
    No, I died

Still logging from the grave!!! Spooky.
  • SingRunTing
    SingRunTing Posts: 2,604 Member
    Options
    I ate all the candy this weekend. Seriously made some bad decisions.

It's reflected in my weight today too (I know it mostly water weight).

Today is back to business.