Finished my 1st Mud Run - with zombies!

Options
The Zombie Mud Run did take place Saturday in NJ despite the cold & the biting wind & the sleet. Okay, so it wasn't *actually* sleet. But it felt like it. I think it was 50F when my heat started. The Zombie 911 Response Team (3 in my team) made it over the mud mounds, through the water-filled graves, over the wood obstacles, up the rope climb, through the mud slop, down the hill slide into the neck-deep water that was so cold it shocked my breathe out of me probably 20 seconds.

And then there were the zombies. Yes, zombies. Oh, how I grew to despise them. They were not your average slow zombies - these creatures chased us at a full out run. Sprinting past/around/right through a zombie despite exhaustion & numbing cold...all to keep my vital organs (red flags around my waist) intact. I was exhausted by the end. Completely spent. This was one of the hardest things I've ever done. But I did every obstacle - I wasn't going to finished this race and know in my heart that I had skipped something. And the 3 of us made it! We survived without being infected! What a crazy freakin' blast!

Below are before and (obviously) after pictures (I'm in the blue hat):

ZMR1.jpg

ZMR2.jpg

ZMR3.jpg

Replies

• GillianMcK
    GillianMcK Posts: 401 Member
    Options
    Did you make it, were you a survivor with 'lives' left or were you infected, I've done one where you got a survivor t-shirt if you had a tag left and an infected t-shirt if they got all your tags, I want to do it again, just so I can have one of each!
  • Pangea250
    Pangea250 Posts: 965 Member
    Options
    I survived - had 1 flag left. I should have had 2 left, but when 1 of the zombies got to me inside a tunnel, she grabbed and got 2 flags in 1 swipe. I had nowhere to go. My team all got medals that say "survived." And mud in places that I didn't know mud could be.
  • SToast
    SToast Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    Mud and Zombies? Amazing! Congrats on living thought the onslaught of the undead and cold muck. Looks like you guys had a blast.
  • martyqueen52
    martyqueen52 Posts: 1,120 Member
    Options
    Awesome. I've ran the Tough Mudder and Warrior Dash. I'm contemplating the Spartan Race but it's to long / hard (that's what she said) for me. I try to stick within the 3/5k range.
  • Pangea250
    edited November 2014
    Options
    I'm contemplating the Spartan Race but it's to long / hard (that's what she said) for me.

LMAO!

The ZMR was lots of fun. It's done all over the East coast - just google Zombie Mud Run. There is only 1 more in PR in 2 weeks for this year, but you can see where they ran over the past year - they'll have it in the same places next year when the schedule comes out.
  • jc93230
    jc93230 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Sounds like fun! Doing a MudFactor 5k in next weekend, so obstacles but not the undead. The zombie part sounds like a good time!
  • Pangea250
    Options
    The zombies really made it crazy/nuts/fun. I'll do it again next year - they have 2 in my state, and I'm planning on doing both!