I keep yo-yoing?

Options
I weight 195, kinda big for my height, and looking to lose some weight. However, my problem is that I keep yo-yoing between weights and it's starting to get annoying. Sometimes I'll be 193/192, only to go up to 195, 196 the next day. I do the same thing every morning before weighing myself to make sure I am not doing it incorrectly. The only thing I can think of is maybe water weight but it's starting to get extremely annoying. I always keep within the recommended calorie intake it asks me to be in and work out quite a bit. Any advice?

Replies

• arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,573 Member
    Options
    That's normal from day to day. If you're not losing anything on a weekly, or bi-weekly basis, you're overeating.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    stop weighing yourself daily.

how long have you been eating in a deficit?
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    Daily fluctuations are normal. Can you open up your diary?
  • ArcticSero
    ArcticSero Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    stop weighing yourself daily.

how long have you been eating in a deficit?

Soon to be a month with no weight loss at all. I also did stop weighing myself daily after awhile when seeing little to no progress so I waited over a week and haven't lost anything. It's a tadbit frustrating.
    malibu927 wrote: »
    Daily fluctuations are normal. Can you open up your diary?
    I don't write in my diary, I just use the cataloging with the food and exercise.
    arditarose wrote: »
    That's normal from day to day. If you're not losing anything on a weekly, or bi-weekly basis, you're overeating.
    I'm always under my calorie intake by 200 and I always exercise so it's more calories lost.

Do you guys think it could be the medicine I'm taking? I have to take 4 ferrous sulfate along with a prenatal vitamin a day due to blood and platelet issues along with two other medications whenever I'm bleeding or whatever.
  • Branstin
    Branstin Posts: 2,320 Member
    Options
    Are you tracking with a food scale and measuring cups?
  • ArcticSero
    Options
    Branstin wrote: »
    Are you tracking with a food scale and measuring cups?

I am. I followed the 101 calorie tracking guide the one guy made since day 1.
  • karenkasbi
    karenkasbi Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    I have the same problem. It's been a month since I last lost weight. I eat with -500 calories deficit and I do intense workouts for 30 minutes everyday. Unless you've hit a plateau try decreasing your calorie intake a little more, 200 is not enough to lose weight from my experience and I've been dieting for five months and depending on your exercise you may be gaining muscle. Drink a lot of water and weigh yourself once a week, early in the morning after you go to the restroom. How many calories do you eat a day? You should also check what you're eating, try replacing some of your snacks with vegetables like carrots. For a month, I skipped dinner and had vegetable juice (broccoli, cabbage, kale) and I lose about 10 pounds that month. Don't lose your motivation though, try harder :-)
  • jillmarie125
    jillmarie125 Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    so you weigh everything???
  • ArcticSero
    Options
    karenkasbi wrote: »
    I have the same problem. It's been a month since I last lost weight. I eat with -500 calories deficit and I do intense workouts for 30 minutes everyday. Unless you've hit a plateau try decreasing your calorie intake a little more, 200 is not enough to lose weight from my experience and I've been dieting for five months and depending on your exercise you may be gaining muscle. Drink a lot of water and weigh yourself once a week, early in the morning after you go to the restroom. How many calories do you eat a day? You should also check what you're eating, try replacing some of your snacks with vegetables like carrots. For a month, I skipped dinner and had vegetable juice (broccoli, cabbage, kale) and I lose about 10 pounds that month. Don't lose your motivation though, try harder :-)

Alright thank you, I'll keep that in mind. c: Also, I did forget about muscle gain, I do some weight training right now, but maybe I should focus on aerobics instead.