My stomach doesn't hurt anymore!

Options
arditarose
arditarose Posts: 15,575 Member
edited November 2014 in Food and Nutrition
I've been logging since June. Lost 20 pounds.

Before I started counting calories my stomach hurt very often after I ate. I would say at least after one meal a day, or every two days, I would feel pretty sick after eating. It got to the point where I felt bad because I was whining too much, so instead I would get really quiet after I ate while I waited for the nausea to pass.

I didn't eat too differently, just larger quantities (bigger sandwiches with more THINGS on them!) and probably more processed foods. I tried to take notice if the stomach pain occurred after eating certain types of food, but I could never pin point it. It also didn't always have to do with being too full. I think the thing I really eat less of now is refined carbs, not that I was really trying to cut them...They just didn't all fit in my calorie goals.

I feel so much better now! I basically never get a sick tummy anymore. Has anyone else had an experience like this?

Replies

• Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    Options
    I had stomach issues too, once in a while, a couple days of intense pain. Never figured out what caused it, but it hasn't happened in almost 2 years (except the couple times I hot a stomach virus).
  • Great_Mazinga
    Great_Mazinga Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    I've ditched sodas, most processed flour and sugars, and don't have the same digestive issues I've had in the past. I can't point to any one or all as the culprit, however. I didn't really eliminate systematically. Also, added lots of veggies and fruits to replace, so could be the additives not the subtractives. Anyhow, it's worked for me as a weight loss tool, and the digestives were a nice side affect.
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,575 Member
    Options
    Cool. Nice, right? I'm happy to have lost weight, but so happy not to feel ill and cranky after I eat too.
  • dbmata
    dbmata Posts: 12,951 Member
    Options
    Excellent, that's good to monitor.

I've had a few instances like that, cut a few types of foods out, greatly reduced intake of others, and I feel great unless I "backslide." So yeah, it happens.