Long-timers and maintaining weight

Options
So I've been on MFP for a couple years now, and have been maintaining very close to my goal weight for about a year, but here's the thing: I'd like to have more friends who've had similar long-term success.

Any other 750+ day people out there care to join in some more mutual support?

Replies

• ahoy_m8
    ahoy_m8 Posts: 3,052 Member
    Options
    Hi, there. Our situations are a bit different. I lost about 30lb in my college days and have maintained my college weight almost 30 years (pregnancy notwithstanding). I've been on MFP less than a year, but I've appreciated lots of different perspectives and learned some great stuff. I check-in periodically, but not daily. I've never engaged with a support group on MFP, but I'm open to it. No worries (and no offense) if you are looking for folks more similar to yourself!
  • stuffinmuffin
    stuffinmuffin Posts: 985 Member
    Options
    I've been here for over donkeys years - about 3 and a half! Maintaining for 2.5 of those. Feel free to add me.
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,345 Member
    Options
    I've been here 2 1/2 yrs, been maintaining for a year..☺

just a thought, but I have quite a few friends on here and what I find is they do a lot of yo yo-ing with losses then gains, it never changes.

Are we among what seems to be a minority, who have lost weight and kept it off??

In my case i know I'll keep maintaining because of consistency with exercise and new lasting eating habits..I like the new, improved me too much ☺

• JustSomeEm
    JustSomeEm Posts: 20,197 MFP Moderator
    Options
    Well, I just recently hit 500 days of logging (NOT 750) - but have been maintaining for only 2 months. I'm definitely planning on sticking around though, since this place helps keep me accountable to myself. :)
  • Zelinna
    Zelinna Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    I just hit 750 days today! :)

I have been on MFP since Aug of 2012 and been maintaining for about a year. I am currently on a break from food logging but still check in daily. Feel free to add me. I am always looking for more friends who have similar goals.

• ArynnOctavia
    Options
    I've lost 160ish and have maintained at +/- 5 lbs (depending on the time if month) of that weight for two years. Since we've all heard that keeping it off is the tough part, help and support from others in that boat would be great!
  • farfromthetree
    farfromthetree Posts: 982 Member
    Options
    I have maintained for about 5 months...though I am proud of that, reading your comments makes me realize I have a long way to go!
  • yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    Options
    Im at 950 - can I play?
  • 970Mikaela1
    970Mikaela1 Posts: 2,013 Member
    Options
    yoovie wrote: »
    Im at 950 - can I play?

1000+ here i I like a good game.
  • acogg
    acogg Posts: 1,871 Member
    Options
    I have been maintaining for two years, but I don't log every day. In fact, I don't log at all. I only support.
  • tami101
    tami101 Posts: 617 Member
    Options
    I've been here over two years as well and have been six to ten pounds away from my goal weight for about a year now. I'm not sure I will ever make it to my goal weight but I definitely have mastered maintaining! Feel free to add me if you like. =)
  • Foamroller
    Foamroller Posts: 1,041 Member
    edited November 2014
    Options
    Congrats everyone, you're an inspiration:)

I'm reseaching an article about maintenance, since it seems that is the hardest part of the journey. 95% of dieters gain back...

I'm curious about your stories, tips and tricks of the trade. Pls feel free to send me a message about your journey:)

Edit: Don't need only sunshine stories. If anyone has been struggling a bit that's interesting too!
  • mamadon
    mamadon Posts: 1,422 Member
    Options
    I am 671 days and 8 months maintaining, if you would like to send me a request. :)
  • Tim_Simons
    Tim_Simons Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm new in MFP but would love to have friends with you guys. I weigh about 172lbs. I'm still on my way to a healthy and fit life. Maintaining weight is still a working progress. But I know I can make it. Eating a healthy meal, regular workout, and sport activities with friends on a weekend keeps me going. I hope to stay on track and catch up with you guys. :)
  • acogg
    acogg Posts: 1,871 Member
    Options
    Tim_Simons wrote: »
    Hi! I'm new in MFP but would love to have friends with you guys. I weigh about 172lbs. I'm still on my way to a healthy and fit life. Maintaining weight is still a working progress. But I know I can make it. Eating a healthy meal, regular workout, and sport activities with friends on a weekend keeps me going. I hope to stay on track and catch up with you guys. :)

Be consistent overall (you can fit in a treat here and there) and you will make it! It takes time, a stubborn mentality to see it through, and education to find what is healthy. I think my ignorance of food is what lead to my overweight state. When I first started, I really had no idea what calories were in each food, what protein is, etc., I only ate to satisfy myself and exercised exactly never. After two years of maintenance I think I have a pretty good idea of calories, protein and how I feel when full. The people I see fail are the ones who post about getting back on track, usually panic stricken posts after several weeks of not posting. The successful ones are consistent, day in, day out on my feed. It can be as little as posting their food diary or walking their dog for ten minutes. Those people are mentally accountable. I have been friends with many successful people, and friends with not very successful people. The successful people work in treats, the unsuccessful people eat, don't exercise and blame others. Like the food industry.