Hello! Need encouragement!

Options
Hi!

I've been on here a few months but i'm keen to find friends for support and encouragement.

No food/exercise-nazi's please! I don't need telling off if I don't stick exactly to plan. I'm doing quite well, happy with the pace im losing at and just need a bit of support on bad days - which of course I'd happily provide for you too...

Good luck to all :-)

Replies

• myecho88
    myecho88 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I've been on and off MFP, Iv'e lost weight on it, then gained when I stopped using it. I could definitely use the encouragement and push. I'm not a food/exercise nazi, what works for some doesnt work for all, so do what you like and feels right to you as long as its in the realm of healthy, youll be fine. As far as bad days go, I have them and feel tremendous guilt when I do, and I have to remind myself to just get back on the horse the next day.
  • KLangleydoula
    KLangleydoula Posts: 1,494 Member
    Options
    Hi! Feel free to add me as a friend!
  • SqueakStormborn
    SqueakStormborn Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    myecho88 wrote: »
    I've been on and off MFP, Iv'e lost weight on it, then gained when I stopped using it. I could definitely use the encouragement and push. I'm not a food/exercise nazi, what works for some doesnt work for all, so do what you like and feels right to you as long as its in the realm of healthy, youll be fine. As far as bad days go, I have them and feel tremendous guilt when I do, and I have to remind myself to just get back on the horse the next day.

Accepted! Sounds perfect, I eat very healthily... most of the time. If I want a bad day, I have one - I want to be able to stick to a long term plan that I can sustain, not be so strict I fail after a few weeks. I am trying to incorporate more exercise and now go to the gym a few times a week, but again - if I miss a week, so be it. So far, this attitude is working for me. Have also incorporated some aspects of the 5:2 diet for health reasons, as advised by my GP. Have had a few negative comments on here from people who don't understand it and it put me off adding friends for a while - but there are a lot of like-minded people who just want a bit of support :-)

• SqueakStormborn
    SqueakStormborn Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Hi! Feel free to add me as a friend!

Have done :-)
  • Angurla
    Angurla Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me