I fell off now I have to get back on

Options
My dad has been terminally ill he only has a few days left and lately since he was diagnosed I find myself falling off track more often and going back to my old ways. I have been doing so well and I really don't want to start all over again does anyone have any hints or tips to help me stay on track even though it's difficult and all I would rather eat is candy lol

Replies

• LeannJeffers
    LeannJeffers Posts: 486 Member
    Options
    I'm in the same boat as you. I was so good for the initial weight loss and even managed to keep it off for 3 years. I have been slowly creeping back up and have been going up and down between 10 lbs. I find myself going back to my old habits of "i can eat this and workout later" Instead of eating less. I would love to have support as well to keep me accountable. I know that my workouts are not a problems it's my eating habits!!
  • Lizzy622
    Lizzy622 Posts: 3,705 Member
    Options
    What did you love doing with your dad? I loved fishing with my dad and just taking a walk to the pond brings back fabulous memories. Do something that reminds you of happier times and even share it with your dad.
  • ElliottTN
    ElliottTN Posts: 1,614 Member
    Options
    Here is the biggest tip/trick/secret there is: There are no entry barriers to jumping back on the wagon. Doesn't have to be a Monday, at 8 a.m. with a planned motivation talk before you start. If you want to start again than congratulations, you just started again.
  • KylaDenay
    KylaDenay Posts: 1,585 Member
    Options
    When you're ready you're ready. When you're not you're not. Its all mental. You just have to stay focused.