Garmin Vivofit

Options
I just started wearing it,so have to get used to it. Anyone else use them? Does it sync daily back to 0? Also, how do I adjust the calories and steps? Thanks.

Replies

• girlviernes
    girlviernes Posts: 2,402 Member
    Options
    Hey, I use the vivofit but don't know the answer to your questions. I go to connect.garmin.com to look at my numbers. You need to remember to sync.
  • teetee1281
    teetee1281 Posts: 1,076 Member
    Options
    You have to manually sync it through Bluetooth or your computer (I seldom use my computer). Daily your numbers reset to "0" your steps are adjusted automatically based on your sets the day prior. Calories, I use MFP, so I never both with what shows on Garmin Vivofit or Garmin Connect. Hope that helps. There is also a group here, your questions may be answered there.
  • Poofersgrl
    Poofersgrl Posts: 161 Member
    edited November 2014
    Options
    ok on the syncing. I will do that every morning when I wake up. Not sure I will wear it for sleeping. Since I know I sleep poorly. Can the device get wet? I ask because I wash dishes at work.
  • teetee1281
    teetee1281 Posts: 1,076 Member
    Options
    The device is waterproof up to a limit (way more than other devices) you can even swim in it. As for the sleep data, it's not as detailed or useful as the sleep data available from Jawbone Up. I just leave mine on all the time, though lately I've started removing it when I shower just cause, but you can shower with it if you'd like.
  • Poofersgrl
    Options
    I don't want it tracking steps if I wake up in the middle of the night for anything, so maybe I will take it off before bed like a watch.
  • Timshel_
    Timshel_ Posts: 22,841 Member
    Options
    Had it but there were a couple things that did not work for me so I returned it. From what I recall though, it does go back to zero calories at midnight and start the calorie count again. Remember that it is calculating Total Daily Energy Expenditure (TDEE) for you so when you wake up it will already show the calories your body burned while sleeping, and continue to track everything through out the day.

And I am not sure what you mean by adjusting calories or steps?
  • Poofersgrl
    Options
    I might not wear it to bed. I will probably take it off every night, since I already know I sleep poorly some nights. Will put it on every morning though.