Does it Reaaaallly matter??

2»

Replies

• dbmata
    dbmata Posts: 12,950 Member
    shhh.... Cersei is hot. I just wish I was related to her, then I'd have a chance.
  • SnuggleSmacks
    SnuggleSmacks Posts: 3,731 Member
    JoRocka wrote: »
    dbmata wrote: »
    Naw, meal timing doesn't mean anything according to current science, with the exception of people who are working at min/maxing the margins when they're already at an elite level of performance/fitness.

Just like... try to eat the stuff while you're awake. ;)

you're so wrong. You won't get any muscles if you don't have protein with in 30 min of your workout- all that hard work- gone to waste.
    c6a45610bbb1db47858841895fd78be1.jpg

TFW your sarcasm detector is broken

I don't want any newbs coming in this thread and thinking that was a serious statement. Do you?
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    edited November 2014
    shhh.... Cersei is hot. I just wish I was related to her, then I'd have a chance.

but you have both hands- so I mean you've got aheam- a handstart....
    I don't want any newbs coming in this thread and thinking that was a serious statement. Do you?

lulz at people believing that statement I made.
  • dbmata
    Naw, meal timing doesn't mean anything according to current science, with the exception of people who are working at min/maxing the margins when they're already at an elite level of performance/fitness.

you're so wrong. You won't get any muscles if you don't have protein with in 30 min of your workout- all that hard work- gone to waste.

I do.
  • RavenLibra
    RavenLibra Posts: 1,737 Member
    for the recreational fitness participant... it matters very little what you put in your gaping maw... BUT if you want a good attitude and to get the most out of a workout... always drop something into the well so you have enough energy to do the work... like if you're planning on a 3-5 mile run... have some carb.. if your going to set a personal best on your squat... maybe have a protein shake... workouts are all about attitude... and if you think it helps... to wear one blue sock and one red sock who are we to say it doesn't work for you?
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,865 Member
    It depends...for the average Joe/Jane nutrient timing is largely irrelevant. I've found that it matters more when I'm actively training...there is a difference in performance and recovery.
  • Myrmilt
    Myrmilt Posts: 124 Member
    MrM27 wrote: »

I do.
    So do I.

Sigh, you all are either too funny or just a tad mean. I will go with both as I just can't decide.
  • dbmata
    Both, and neither. ;)
  • Myrmilt
    Myrmilt Posts: 124 Member
    Myrmilt wrote: »

I do.
    So do I.

Sigh, you all are either too funny or just a tad mean. I will go with both as I just can't decide.

they aren't mean, they are just realistic. I'm the mean one...lol.

Reality hurts and is cruel. Yes, yes the inescapable truth of the world.
  • dbmata
    Myrmilt wrote: »

I do.
    So do I.

they aren't mean, they are just realistic. I'm the mean one...lol.

I thought you called me a meanie once. Time to amp it up.
  • Sam_I_Am77
    Sam_I_Am77 Posts: 2,093 Member
    Generally speaking timing isn't overly relevant. If you're going to eat solid food (like Oats) before you train shoot for an hour to 90-minutes prior to training. If you're going to drink something like Gatorade then you can drink it 30-minutes prior to training.
  • 999tigger
    999tigger Posts: 5,235 Member
    Im quite happy to have eaten some carbs before i do my workout, because im not annoyingly hungry and I feel it gives me energy so I can focus.

I eat the protein after and quite happy to do that, not really a hardship.