Pants fit in waist but not in thighs

Options
So I have been lifting for the last 2.5 years and making some good progress. I put on a pair of jeans that I wore last spring (size 36 waist regular fit). I usually don't wear jeans all summer. The jeans still fit in the waist but they are now too tight in the thighs. I guess I will just have to get some loose fit jeans. Anyone have similar experiences with clothes?

Replies

• gothchiq
    gothchiq Posts: 4,598 Member
    Options
    Yeah. I've always been this way. I have thick quads. If I were a guy I would probably have to take my clothes to a tailor. Because I'm female, I wear skirts unless it's totally freezing outside because dealing with pants proportions is way too much trouble.
  • SueInAz
    SueInAz Posts: 6,592 Member
    Options
    I'm with you. Finding pants that fit my shape is a real PITA. If they fit in the thighs, and aren't made specifically for a curvy shape, I have a huge gap in the small of my back. I've been lifting since April and, frankly, I try not to do too much leg work because the last thing my thighs need is to be bigger. :)
  • AliceDark
    AliceDark Posts: 3,886 Member
    Options
    I've always had this issue, but it's gotten way worse in the last year since I've really ramped up the lifting. I was actually complaining about this over the weekend -- the pants I'm wearing in my current profile pic are incredibly loose in the waist, but I'm about to she-hulk out of the quads.
  • ashleyShades
    ashleyShades Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    gothchiq wrote: »
    Yeah. I've always been this way. I have thick quads. If I were a guy I would probably have to take my clothes to a tailor. Because I'm female, I wear skirts unless it's totally freezing outside because dealing with pants proportions is way too much trouble.

I agree!
  • LolBroScience
    LolBroScience Posts: 4,537 Member
    Options
    YES!

Opt for loose fit jeans for sure.
  • PwrLftr82
    PwrLftr82 Posts: 945 Member
    Options
    Yup. Welcome to my world. I think it's a good problem to have.
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,575 Member
    Options
    Yes, but I am a woman. 27 inch waist and 40 in hips. Still wear em' tight though.
  • PwrLftr82
    PwrLftr82 Posts: 945 Member
    Options
    arditarose wrote: »
    Yes, but I am a woman. 27 inch waist and 40 in hips. Still wear em' tight though.

Same! 25" waist and 36" hips!
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,575 Member
    Options
    PwrLftr82 wrote: »
    arditarose wrote: »

Same! 25" waist and 36" hips!

Nice! I'm seeing 26" and 39" very soon. Down from 44" inch hips. Wasn't sure if I'd ever see the 30's :)
  • JTick
    JTick Posts: 2,131 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the life of a woman! I finally got my hips into a size 12 skirt...but I can still shove my whole arm down the waist because my hips and thighs are so much bigger.
  • DopeItUp
    DopeItUp Posts: 18,771 Member
    Options
    #bulkingproblems
  • SarcasmIsMyLoveLanguage
    Options
    I've always had that issue. I have to buy pants to fit my thighs and have the waist taken in. Annoying.
  • MagnumBurrito
    MagnumBurrito Posts: 1,070 Member
    Options
    Yeah, having a butt and quads aren't the norm.
  • aprilricks86
    aprilricks86 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    I've noticed that more since lifting weights too (I'm a girl). All my pants are usually loose in the waist and fit just fine in the butt / thighs.

"the pants I'm wearing in my current profile pic are incredibly loose in the waist, but I'm about to she-hulk out of the quads."

haha that's awesome