Fat and menopausal! Looking for encouraging and supportive friends

Options
Starting MFP today. Tried it before, but didn't stick with it. Have really struggled to lose weight over the last 2 years. Which has coincided with going into menopause ( I don't think this is a coincidence). Overall better health is my main goal, along with losing about 40 lbs. I would love to have friend's with similar goals who are motivated. I am very supportive and will do my best to encourage you on your journey as well :)

Replies

• gwenbowers
    gwenbowers Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Hi!
    I'm approaching menopause myself girlfriend so I know where you're coming from! I may have some great tips for you and will be equally motivating as well! What's your current fitness regimen?
  • themommie
    themommie Posts: 5,023 Member
    Options
    Wekcome I am 51, am at the start of menooause and have kost 115 lbs, it took me 3 yrs and I have maintained for a yr. I think menopause can make it harder to lise weight but not impossible. I would love to help you with your journey, feel free to add me as a friend
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    Join us on the menopause group. Great group of (mostly) ladies there. http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/506-near-or-post-menopausal-group
  • MountainLaurel787
    MountainLaurel787 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Ahhh...the joys of menopause. I hear you sister!! I sent a friend request. And I'll be sure and check out the menpause group!! (Thanks, Sabine, for the link).
  • ioke17
    Options
    Thank you for the replies. I added the menopause group. I need all the support I can get right now.
  • anglergirl3
    anglergirl3 Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    Hi ioke - I'm 52 - you can friend me if you like
  • Bbronze
    Bbronze Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi Ioke -Just know you're not alone in this journey.
  • WyrdSyster
    WyrdSyster Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Brand new here too & perimenopausal. Happy to encourage & support!
  • Annr
    Annr Posts: 2,765 Member
    Options
    ohhh Im pre-mental-pausal too.... hahahaha
  • Collegemamaof7
    Options
    Hi. I am 45 and also going through menopause. Early . This is also my second time to sign up with my fitness pal. I would like to lose 20 pounds. I would love to be your friend. I need someone to keep me motivated.
  • ViolaLeeBlueberry
    ViolaLeeBlueberry Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the link, Sabine! Glad to give support to anyone else on this interestingly rocky boat! Which I got on after forgetting to lose that post-baby weight ... whoops :smile: