For the love of BOOBS!

Options
Tbaby1514
Tbaby1514 Posts: 216 Member
edited November 2014 in Fitness and Exercise
Heeeelp!

I've lost 47 lbs and my boobs have disappeared!

Okay so here's the story, I'm a mom to 3 kids, the youngest one being 7 weeks old. I've lost 47 lbs since my highest weight, 26 lbs I've lost since having the little babe. I went from a 42 D to a 38 B.

I'm still 200 pounds, so I'm far from being done with my weight loss journey, and I've been cleared for exercise again and they just aren't as perky as they used to be. So is there ANY exercises that actually work to help tighten up my little lady lumps or should I just give up and look into a lift?

Replies

• zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,134 Member
    Options
    Not that I'm an expert, but try any exercise that deals with pectorals like push-ups and presses.
  • Sweetvirgo63
    Sweetvirgo63 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    You can do exercises to strengthen the muscles on the outside of your breasts but not the breasts themselves. Your breasts are reacting to your weightloss as they are mostly made up of fatty tissue. Are you sure an augmentation is needed? A lot of women who have big breasts end up with back pain from carrying that weight and then end up going for breast reduction to get rid of the back pain. I would recommend that you wait until you have completed your weightloss journey to see where things are at.
  • Tbaby1514
    Options
    Sweetalot wrote: »
    You can do exercises to strengthen the muscles on the outside of your breasts but not the breasts themselves. Your breasts are reacting to your weightloss as they are mostly made up of fatty tissue. Are you sure an augmentation is needed? A lot of women who have big breasts end up with back pain from carrying that weight and then end up going for breast reduction to get rid of the back pain. I would recommend that you wait until you have completed your weightloss journey to see where things are at.

Sorry I used the wrong term! I meant a lift, not implants!
  • shadow2soul
    shadow2soul Posts: 7,692 Member
    edited November 2014
    Options
    I'd wait until you get to your goal weight before making any decisions. It's possible that you won't lose much more from your boobs (your body just lost from there first). In which case, your band size will go down but the volume of your boobs stay the same.

38 B has the same cup volume as a 36 C (band size is just smaller). Considering that, I'd definitely wait it out. Once your done losing weight, get measured to see where your at and then contemplate if you need a lift or not.

If I could, I would trade you. Last time I was measured, I was a 38G. >.< Bra shopping is horrible. Nothing cute and all options are pretty expensive.
  • Tbaby1514
    Options
    I'd wait until you get to your goal weight before making any decisions. It's possible that you won't lose much more from your boobs (your body just lost from there first). In which case, your band size will go down but the volume of your boobs stay the same.

38 B has the same cup volume as a 36 C (band size is just smaller). Considering that, I'd definitely wait it out. Once your done losing weight, get measured to see where your at and then contemplate if you need a lift or not.

If I could, I would trade you. Last time I was measured, I was a 38G. >.< Bra shopping is horrible. Nothing cute and all options are pretty expensive.

Oh my you poor dear! I knew a girl who had size J boobs since she was a freshman in high school! She got a job and saved every dime she made and when she had enough, she got a reduction.

My 14 year old cousin just had to have a reduction as well, she has been a DDD since she was 11. Poor girl has a tiny frame (4'9) , so she could barely walk.
  • Tbaby1514
    Options
    Bumping in hopes of other exercise ideas!
  • 47Jacqueline
    47Jacqueline Posts: 6,993 Member
    Options
    So sorry for you. My boobs stay the same no matter what.
  • Follow_me
    Follow_me Posts: 6,120 Member
    Options
    Smaller boobs can be very sexy! Relax and enjoy what you have. :-)
  • Tbaby1514
    Options
    Follow_me wrote: »
    Smaller boobs can be very sexy! Relax and enjoy what you have. :-)

I don't mind small boobs. It's not necessarily the size that's bothering me, I just want them more perky! lol
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,506 Member
    Options
    There are NO EXERCISES that perk up boobs. Since they are not comprised of muscle, they don't react to exercise by tightening up or getting firmer. The muscle does underneath, but that does little for lift.
    Choices will be to either accept them once you hit goal weight or surgery.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png
  • SToast
    SToast Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    Totally get where you are coming from. When I started losing weight and gaining muscle my boobs got smaller. Smaller is fine but I don't want them drooping on me. I've decided that when I hit age 35 a "lift kit" is in order. I don't want to make them bigger, I just want them put back where they belong. Like they were in my mid-late 20s. It's all about how I feel about me and my body. Wait till you hit your goal then give yourself a year to make sure you can stick with it before you decide. But I say, if it's what you want, go for it.
  • Timshel_
    Timshel_ Posts: 22,841 Member
    Options
    Tbaby1514 wrote: »
    Heeeelp!

I've lost 47 lbs and my boobs have disappeared!

Okay so here's the story, I'm a mom to 3 kids, the youngest one being 7 weeks old. I've lost 47 lbs since my highest weight, 26 lbs I've lost since having the little babe. I went from a 42 D to a 38 B.

So is there ANY exercises that actually work to help tighten up my little lady lumps or should I just give up and look into a lift?

First off, while that is a smaller size, 38B are still REALLY nice size wise. There are not exercises to help with size, and will do little to lift them up.

In all though, I am sure you still look great.

All the best.

• leggup
    leggup Posts: 2,942 Member
    Options
    ninerbuff wrote: »
    There are NO EXERCISES that perk up boobs. Since they are not comprised of muscle, they don't react to exercise by tightening up or getting firmer. The muscle does underneath, but that does little for lift.
    Choices will be to either accept them once you hit goal weight or surgery.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png

Maybe it's just psychological, but when I'm doing a lifting routine religiously, I feel that mine are sitting a little higher. I go through phases where I lift and get strong then get bored and stop lifting, so I've seen myself both ways.

Lifting never hurt a woman's shape.
  • Veil5577
    Veil5577 Posts: 868 Member
    Options
    If you do exercises to build up the chest muscles, it will help lift them up a little.
  • JeriAnne84
    JeriAnne84 Posts: 543 Member
    Options
    Yeah you can strengthen the muscle underneath but the ladies themselves won't perk up on their own without surgery. I'd wait until you meet your goal weight and if you still aren't happy, then look into surgery. I had a reduction 4 years ago with 7 lbs taken out and now they look more like they belong on my body than they did before. My head looked really tiny compared to my body and apparently my nickname at work was Circus T*ts....lovely people I worked with.

When you reach your goal they might look normal on your body then and you might not want to change it.
  • Tbaby1514
    Options
    Thank you all for the advice! I figured it was a long shot, and I will definitely be waiting until I'm done losing weight before looking into a lift.
  • Ibyzr
    Ibyzr Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Also, give your body time to adjust. It can take a while for your body to balance out the fat it has left after you are done reducing. So don't expect perk while you are in calorie deficit.
  • yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    edited November 2014
    Options
    bench press.
  • yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    Options
    mine perked up considerably by adding bench and inverted body weight rows, and that was after losing 100#
  • JeffseekingV
    JeffseekingV Posts: 3,165 Member
    Options
    yoovie wrote: »
    mine perked up considerably by adding bench and inverted body weight rows, and that was after losing 100#

gallery_1354_5_7401.gif