Holiday plan

Options

Replies

• TimothyFish
    TimothyFish Posts: 4,925 Member
    Options
    I figure I'll gain a pound at Thanksgiving and another at Christmas, then I'll lose it between Christmas and New Years.
  • Chief_Rocka
    Chief_Rocka Posts: 4,710 Member
    Options
    ShayeDei wrote: »
    Two words: Paleo Thanksgiving

I have heard of the paleo diet? How do you like it?

It sucks
  • shadow2soul
    shadow2soul Posts: 7,692 Member
    Options
    What is your plan to stay on track and not over indulge this holiday season:)

I'll eat what I want on Thanksgiving and Christmas. I'll try to eat at maintenance calories. However, if I go over, I'm not going to stress it. It's only 2 days after all. Plus chances are, I'm not going to know the exact calories for everything anyway.
  • ShayeDei
    Options

I'm going to eat what I want on Thanksgiving, Christmas and New Years Eve. It's crazy to deprive yourself of the stuff you love.

I agree. You stick with it longer when you can eat what you want still in ideration at least

• ShayeDei
    Options

I'll eat what I want on Thanksgiving and Christmas. I'll try to eat at maintenance calories. However, if I go over, I'm not going to stress it. It's only 2 days after all. Plus chances are, I'm not going to know the exact calories for everything anyway.

You are right:) the season only come once a year so you should enjoy yourself
  • arussell134
    arussell134 Posts: 463 Member
    Options
    Yep!!! I'm planning on just enjoying Thanksgiving! It's once a year and why fuss over it?! I'll do some running that day. I figure, it all evens out in the end. The trickier part for me will be the days after the holidays. I find sometimes a day of over-eating can trigger over-eating for several days following for me... particularly if there are lots of leftovers around the house. So personally, I know i'll need to be more vigilant the days after.
  • hislittlelights
    hislittlelights Posts: 21 Member
    Options

I'm going to eat what I want on Thanksgiving, Christmas and New Years Eve. It's crazy to deprive yourself of the stuff you love.

I agree. You stick with it longer when you can eat what you want still in ideration at least

exactly. I'm in this for the rest of my life. I'm not gonna go crazy on those holidays and stuff myself until I'm silly, but I will enjoy the food. Plus, I'll get stuck making all the pies and cookies for the holidays as well. I hate being the baker in the family, lol.

I actually love being the baker -- after I get done smelling all of the sugary treats baking, and taste-testing, I'm done, and don't want to eat as much of the finished product because I'm already sick of it. I've found on years I DON'T do the baking, I'm way more likely to overindulge on the sweets.
  • shadow2soul
    shadow2soul Posts: 7,692 Member
    Options

You are right:) the season only come once a year so you should enjoy yourself

:smiley:

I'm gonna need the food that day anyway. I am currently in the middle of a 90 Day workout program and saddly that day happens to be a 2hr workout day. :cry: :cry: I'm scared. LOL I have 1 week left before the program goes to hell. Currently, I do about 1 hr / 6 days a week. However, starting on the 13th the program seems to become insane with some 2 hr workout days/ 2-3 times a week. :cry:
  • Phrick
    Phrick Posts: 2,765 Member
    Options
    Portion control is my plan. I don't do a lot of the prep work for Thanksgiving and Christmas Day meals due to spending our time on traveling to the places we celebrate, so knowing the calorie counts of stuff will be nearly impossible. Rather than trying to log everything and stressing over the guesswork, instead I will take large servings of the vegetable dishes, a moderate portion of meats and a small portion of potatoes (and no stuffing, cause EWWWWWW). ONE dessert, and a walk after instead of a nap!
  • dunnodunno
    dunnodunno Posts: 2,290 Member
    Options
    Depending on when I work on Black Friday or as I call it now Black Thursday I am not sure what I'm doing on Thanksgiving. If I do go somewhere on Thanksgiving I'll just eat some of my favorite foods in moderation & skip the ones the ones that I don't care much about. With Christmas I'll just follow the same approach. Now for sweets throughout the holiday season I'll of course add some calories to enjoy seasonal favorite ice creams & candies (Turkey Hill Egg Nog ice cream I'm talking about you). Even if you gain weight by partaking in celebrating holidays, birthdays, or vacations it doesn't mean you have to blow your eating habits the rest of the time. If people follow the MFP way of losing weight then they can also exercise & earn more calories to eat all the foods.
  • MattNorrisUL
    MattNorrisUL Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    I'm going to run about 5 miles Thanksgiving morning and then eat a feast fit for a king on Thanksgiving. Then the next day, I'm gonna get up early and go running again and get back on task.

I'm a bit of a Christmas cookie ho haha so I'm going to work them into my diet but in moderation.

Between Thanksgiving and Christmas my running will help out. I'm going to eat whatever on Christmas and I'll realize I'm not losing as much around those holidays as normal but I still plan on being lighter by December 26th than I am now.

Don't set yourself up for failure but also don't go too crazy.
  • ShayeDei
    Options
    Yep!!! I'm planning on just enjoying Thanksgiving! It's once a year and why fuss over it?! I'll do some running that day. I figure, it all evens out in the end. The trickier part for me will be the days after the holidays. I find sometimes a day of over-eating can trigger over-eating for several days following for me... particularly if there are lots of leftovers around the house. So personally, I know i'll need to be more vigilant the days after.

Thanksgiving will be held at my house for my family and friends so im going to make sure everyone takes some leftovers with them to get most of it out of my house. Especially the sweets and junk food:)
  • ShayeDei
    Options

exactly. I'm in this for the rest of my life. I'm not gonna go crazy on those holidays and stuff myself until I'm silly, but I will enjoy the food. Plus, I'll get stuck making all the pies and cookies for the holidays as well. I hate being the baker in the family, lol.

I actually love being the baker -- after I get done smelling all of the sugary treats baking, and taste-testing, I'm done, and don't want to eat as much of the finished product because I'm already sick of it. I've found on years I DON'T do the baking, I'm way more likely to overindulge on the sweets.

Im the baker as well. Same goes for me Im usually not in the mood to eat anything once I am done making it lol
  • KANGOOJUMPS
    KANGOOJUMPS Posts: 6,473 Member
    Options
    I am going to eat and drink everything I can!!, ITS A HOLIDAY!!! THATS WHAT IT IS FOR!!!!, but, I am still going to burn 1000 calories a day too. onward bound.
  • SToast
    SToast Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    Thanksgiving, Christmas Day, and New Years Eve all get a free pass in my book. The rest of the "season" is sticking to my goals.
  • apparations
    apparations Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    SToast wrote: »
    Thanksgiving, Christmas Day, and New Years Eve all get a free pass in my book. The rest of the "season" is sticking to my goals.

This is great idea in theory, but it's so hard for those of us with blended families and many many holiday celebrations. Not to mention work functions and friends holiday parties. Ive been stressing about December a lot (Canadian so Thanksgiving is past). I think my best bet is to limit my alcohol/ egg nog calories... so not drinking all my calories! That and just burning as much as I can. If I can maintain I will be happy :)

• MattNorrisUL
    MattNorrisUL Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    SToast wrote: »

This is great idea in theory, but it's so hard for those of us with blended families and many many holiday celebrations. Not to mention work functions and friends holiday parties. Ive been stressing about December a lot (Canadian so Thanksgiving is past). I think my best bet is to limit my alcohol/ egg nog calories... so not drinking all my calories! That and just burning as much as I can. If I can maintain I will be happy :)

Good points. I end up having Christmas get togethers on the 24th, 25th, 28th and then another one on the 31st haha so I'm going to be running a lot for sure. I'm just going to limit myself the best way I can.