Lactation and protein powders and enough calories?

Options
I am still breastfeeding my 8 mo and beginning NROWL4W. I am trying to choose a good protein supplement. I am not a "crunchy" Momma worried about all organic, no GMOs, avoiding dairy or gluten yadayadayada... I am concerned with safety, quality, taste, and price in that order. I know that there's some real junk stuff on the market so perhaps the list of avoids is what I'm looking for lol

Also, for those more versed in nutritional needs when weight lifting, I could use some input. I am trying to lose some weight and so my calculated nutritional needs on a strenuous workout day is 2196. That's app a -300 from what I 'actually' need. My daughter is still majority breastfeed and so milk production requires an additional 400 cals. Should I increase on the 2196? What about on off days? No workout days I am estimated around 1670... but should I really drop below 1800 while lactating? I DON'T want to tank my supply by sending my body into starvation mode. I'm already going to shock the heck out of it by starting these workouts! lol

Replies