Phishing attacks while browsing MFP sites

Options
SapiensPisces
SapiensPisces Posts: 992 Member
edited November 2014 in Chit-Chat
I've been alarmed to find that when browsing MFP pages, periodically, I am asked to "update" Java or Adobe Flash from a website that looks rather official, but it is actually a phishing/virus attack.

If you get this page, do NOT download anything. If you have downloaded something, run a virus scan immediately and change your passwords.

I wanted to post this in Technical Feedback, but the forum is disabled.

ETA: this only happens when browsing MFP pages, not any other website and on multiple browser platforms and multiple computers.

Apparently, this has been an issue since at LEAST July!!

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/1366744/does-anyone-else-get-this-when-browsing-mfp-community#latest

Replies

• proudseal
    proudseal Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    I never had a problem until today. I signed in twice from two different computers using different browsers, and each time I was redirected to a phishing site. Does anybody have a fix for this? If not I may have to find a different tracking app.
  • bhmeginley
    bhmeginley Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    This continues to be an issue in September 2020. I was just adding info for the past week and constantly getting Adobe Flash Player taking over my browser- obviously a vulnerable site. Not sure if myfitnesspal developers read these boards or not -- but it is consistently glitchy on both iphone and Safari