Garmin Vivofit sleep tracker

Options
I bought this today, but not wearing it for sleeping at the moment. I awake during the night to use the bathroom, would this track my steps if in sleep or just notice I am awake?

Replies

• oxnina
    oxnina Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't worry about turning it off of the few steps you'll get walking to the bathroom. If youre that worried, just walking around more in the morning after you turn it on. ( its maybe 30 steps or so depending on how far your bathroom is). Itll show you your activity while you're sleeping and its kind of neat to see the difference in movement from when you're awake and when you're sleeping
  • kCalCrusher
    kCalCrusher Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    It tracked the steps for me
  • beahawk
    beahawk Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    yep it does!
  • Poofersgrl
    Poofersgrl Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    awww bummer. Well I will keep taking it off then before bed. I want it to try to be as accurate as possible.
  • Timshel_
    Timshel_ Posts: 22,834 Member
    Options
    An average person needs at least 2000 -2500 steps to make a mile, which would only equate to about 120 calories. So those extra 100 steps are nothing in the larger picture.

I think you are a bit confused about what the Vivofit is meant to do though if you are worried about steps in the night. What is it you are trying to accomplish with the unit?
  • Poofersgrl
    Poofersgrl Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    stay moving and lose 10lbs. Tracking my steps etc. I was extremely sedentary of late and recently started working out again.