Help! Lifting heavy/30 day shred am/pm workouts counter productive?

Options
LouisianaHotSauce_93
LouisianaHotSauce_93 Posts: 184 Member
edited November 2023 in Fitness and Exercise
Is it counter productive to lift heavy in the morning and then do the thirty day shred at night? Or is it like more power to you girl kinda thing?

I also updated my profile from 1350 calories losing 1.5 to losing 1lb a week which ups them to 1650 and I'm gunna get more proteins during the day and still have the deficit at night and make my calorie goal.

Replies

• kelly_e_montana
    kelly_e_montana Posts: 1,999 Member
    Options
    It's fine, as long as you work into it gradually if you've been inactive. I'm not sure where you're starting from. I've done 30 DS and it's mostly cardio with light resistance. The weights are low enough that they're not a big deal to hinder your heavy lifting.

I'm not sure what your current weight is or height, so I can't say if that's a good fit. Just eat back the calories MFP tells you to eat. Don't make up your own math that's lower. Definitely if you are doing all this, then yes, 1 pound per week is a better fit than 1.5 pounds per week. If you are close to your goal, .5 pounds per week is probably even more appropriate. If you're further away, set it at 1 and adjust from there as you track your weight loss.

Try to eat at least 1 gram of protein per pound of lean mass if you are lifting heavy. Here is a calculator if you would like to estimate (rough) your lean mass: http://fitness.bizcalcs.com/Calculator.asp?Calc=Body-Fat-Navy

If you are increasing your exercise this much, make sure to stay hydrated. You will see a big difference. Remember we are all giant meat sausages and it's your job to make sure you don't turn into jerky. (I got that concept from a recent Barbell Shrugged podcast and it stuck with me.)
  • yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    Options
    no this sounds just right. keep it up and dont forget rest days, those are when the magic happens.
This discussion has been closed.