Has anyone switched from weight classes to weight programs? What happened?

Options
Hi everyone,

For a while now I've been too scared to do real lifting by myself, so I've been doing Body Pump classes. I'm pretty happy with it and have definitely seen results, but I'm tired of having to stick to their timetables, and would much rather be able to lift when it suits me. (I know most lifters consider Body Pump cardio due to high reps, but bear with me here :p )

So I've decided to venture out into the real world and start the Stronglift 5x5 program as of tomorrow.

Just wondering if anyone has done the switch, and how did you go? Would you ever look back?

Replies

• SonyaCele
    SonyaCele Posts: 2,841 Member
    Options
    i switched from classes, group exercise etc to a strength training program and i will never look back. Body pump isn't weight lifting in my opinion, its just a general exercise class. I switched to conjugate training program, with a private trainer, and my strength went through the roof. I have since taken a body pump on occasion just for fun, to hang out with friends, get a little cardio. But i wouldn't call body pump weight training.
    I think you will be so happy to make the change to real weight lifting.