Lower Body

I've always had thick thighs and I know to reduce their apperance is by doing cardio to blast fat. Does anyone measure their thighs and have a number they are happy with? Are your legs thick, "thin," toned, muscular?

Replies

• yopeeps025
    yopeeps025 Posts: 8,680 Member
    NO OP calorie deficit blast fat away not cardio. I can say mine are lots of inner fat and I can see my quads on outer.
  • xcalygrl
    xcalygrl Posts: 1,897 Member
    To get thinner thighs, you need to lose overall. You do this by eating a deficit. You can do cardio, but it isn't some magic exercise that will give you thin/thinner thighs unless you lose weight overall. Where you lose is determined by genetics. You may always have thicker legs.

My legs are pretty thick, but they also have a good bit of muscle to them. My quads are pretty defined, but I still have a good bit of fat on the inner thighs. I'm working on lowering my body fat (by eating in a deficit, lifting, and doing some running) so they'll be a bit more lean. I do measure my thighs, but as long as my pants fit I don't care what the tape measure says.
  • DojoMaster888
    DojoMaster888 Posts: 61 Member
    I've got some thick thighs myself but i do a combination of lifting and cardio to reduce them size wise while still trying to keep the muscle so they're tone as well. If you only do cardio you lose both muscle and fat.
  • Thanks! :)
  • Sam_I_Am77
    Sam_I_Am77 Posts: 2,093 Member
    Are you sure your basic genetics just don't dictate that you have thick thighs / legs? It's kind of funny because if you look at my wife, her grandmother, mom, and aunt, they all have the same hips, butt, and legs and they're not overweight; you could tell they're related just by looking at their lower body. Some things you just can't change about yourself.
  • yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    this isn't how it works.

lol i just thought of the lady in the esurance commercial playing candy crush on her table with a hammer!!!

Your best bet is to educate yourself about how things work and how your body changes. Once you have that basic understanding, you will have the skills to make an awesome plan of your own, and actually succeed.
  • TMZ777
    TMZ777 Posts: 7 Member
    I have thick thighs: always have and will I am sure. But I’m on a mission to make them more toned! I started a jump rope and squat challenge today ( in addition to my regular workout routine). I’m hoping for great results in month ! 🏋🏾‍♀️🥰 we will see!
  • mom23mangos
    mom23mangos Posts: 3,070 Member
    I have always had big legs and always will. I figure they can be big and fat or big and muscular. I’ll take big and muscular.
  • whmscll
    whmscll Posts: 2,254 Member
    My thick thighs are definitely genetic. But when I lost weight a few years ago doing only cardio for exercise, I was unhappy with how my thighs looked. This time, with a combo of cardio and lifting, they are looking significantly thinner.
  • WandRsmom
    WandRsmom Posts: 253 Member
    ORVZFxa.jpg
    xaXi3F5.jpg

I for sure have bigger legs. Mine are fairly muscular and I find they don't tend to gain fat the way my upper body does. Not that there isn't any fat on my thighs at times , it's generally muscle ( my fat likes to live on my back). I do walk everywhere ( I don't drive) and genetically I just have larger legs. I like them personally but it's taken sometime to get used to the comments ( especially in the gym ) about having "tree trunks" for legs.

Fat loss will happen where it happens you can't really control that, or my back would be much thinner. Just keep eating in a deficit. It will come off.
  • TMZ777
    TMZ777 Posts: 7 Member
    Your legs look great