Female bulk : tips needed !

Options
Hi there

I'm trying to bulk up but having a hard time with my macros. Current caloric goal is 2070, 255 carbs / 135 protein / 55 fats (my trainer put me on this diet).
Weight is 114 for 5'4 and low BF (16%). I'm an ectomorph.

Most of the time at the end of the day I've hit my carbs & protein ratios, but still am in a caloric deficit because of the remaining fats. I know I should up my fat intake and plan my meals in advance to avoid this, but what should I do if it happens again? I mean, I can't DRINK an olive oil bottle...

I'm new to bodybuilding so I'm here to learn. Should I reach my calorie target OR my macros?

Thank you

Replies

• PwrLftr82
    PwrLftr82 Posts: 945 Member
    edited November 2014
    Options
    If it happens again, eat some nuts. I've been known to drink heavy cream out of the carton or a scoop of coconut oil or nut butter from the jar too.

Most important is to reach the calorie goal. If you're hitting your protein macro but running a deficit, you're still in a deficit.
  • aylajane
    aylajane Posts: 979 Member
    Options
    Eggs are great for protein AND fat. Can eat regular, put into a pancake, etc.
  • LolBroScience
    LolBroScience Posts: 4,537 Member
    Options
    If you're hitting your macros, but default you hit your calories. However, calories are king. I would opt for higher fat protein sources - full fat dairy, eggs, fattier cuts of meat like steak , peanut butter, etc.
  • PwrLftr82
    PwrLftr82 Posts: 945 Member
    Options
    If you're hitting your macros, but default you hit your calories. However, calories are king. I would opt for higher fat protein sources - full fat dairy, eggs, fattier cuts of meat like steak , peanut butter, etc.

Get out of here with your common sense!
  • LolBroScience
    LolBroScience Posts: 4,537 Member
    Options
    PwrLftr82 wrote: »

Get out of here with your common sense!

Sowwy :*(
  • Tacita88
    Tacita88 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    avocados? I use those to up my fat intake without adding carbs. They are also delicious and you can put them in salads or just cut them in half and put some pepper on!