fat burners

has anyone taken a fat burner like hydroxycut or anything? are they good, bad, ok for you? i took CLA for this past month and am now thinking or taking a burner. don't know much, suggestions?

Replies

• jrline
    jrline Posts: 2,353 Member
    You are better off just tracking all you eat and working out. Plus drink plenty of water.

29509743.png
  • uconnwinsnc1
    uconnwinsnc1 Posts: 902 Member
    Don't bother. Drink some coffee and do a few extra minutes of cardio. Fat burners are just tank dosages of caffeine and a few other things. It isn't going to be a game changer. Companies just want your money.
  • trinatrina1984
    trinatrina1984 Posts: 1,018 Member
    I don't know about these brands but generally I think taking pills is completely unnecessary - eat at a calorie deficit and you will lose weight and save yourself some money. There is no such thing as a magic pill
  • 111YoYo111
    111YoYo111 Posts: 213 Member
    Yes I ate it for months. Did nothing. Save your money.
  • Branstin
    Branstin Posts: 2,320 Member
    There is no such thing as fat burner pills. Fat burning is caused by a calorie deficiency. When you give your body less calories than it needs to maintain its current weight, it pulls the extra calories it needs from the stored fat and muscles in your body. This is the reason weight and strength training is highly recommended because preserving muscles will make you stronger and ensure most of the weight loss comes from fat stores.
  • trinatrina1984
    has anyone taken a fat burner like hydroxycut or anything? are they good, bad, ok for you? i took CLA for this past month and am now thinking or taking a burner. don't know much, suggestions?

bunch of expensive POO...

I bet if you packaged poo and told people you would lose weight if they ate it they would
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,909 Member
    Fat burners don't really exist. All of them ONLY work with calorie deficit (which is how fat is burned) and all of them just contain a stimulant (usually caffeine based). That's quite a bit of money to spend for some pretty useless ingredients (because doses are ineffective) and some high caffeine.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png
  • Kalikel
    Kalikel Posts: 9,603 Member
    When the pill comes along that helps you lose weight and doesn't do major harm, you won't have to ask. It will be splashed across every newspaper, magazine, website and news broadcast. Everyone will be talking about it. Doctors will be giving it out like crazy.

When that magic pill arrives (and I believe that one day, it will), you won't be able to not hear about it, lol.

When you see those commercials, remember that if the product worked, they wouldn't have to sell it. It would sell itself.
  • trinatrina1984

I bet if you packaged poo and told people you would lose weight if they ate it they would

bwahahaha :laugh: I'm so very sure they would!

You can already buy poo in a pill!

http://blogs.discovermagazine.com/d-brief/2014/10/13/frozen-poop-pills-can-cure-intestinal-infections/#.VFj5IzSsXQQ

• sofaking6
    sofaking6 Posts: 4,589 Member
    edited November 2014

I'm pretty sure that's an actual thing.

(Edited for not reading the post right above this lol)

OP - just slam espresso. Cheaper and does the exact same thing. Although I don't know why being jittery and cranky is a desirable state?

• LoraF83
    LoraF83 Posts: 15,694 Member
    Kalikel wrote: »
    When the pill comes along that helps you lose weight and doesn't do major harm, you won't have to ask. It will be splashed across every newspaper, magazine, website and news broadcast. Everyone will be talking about it. Doctors will be giving it out like crazy.

When that magic pill arrives (and I believe that one day, it will), you won't be able to not hear about it, lol.

When you see those commercials, remember that if the product worked, they wouldn't have to sell it. It would sell itself.

^This. If otc fat burners worked, why would anyone have a weight issue?

• galprincess
    galprincess Posts: 683 Member
    If there was a fat burning magic pill why are there fat people in the world and people having surgery out of desperation?

Save your money invest in a scale weigh food measure liquids log accurately eat at a deficit that's the only magic weightloss there is. Sad but true
  • thanks for all the input good to know
  • Wronkletoad
    Wronkletoad Posts: 368 Member
    burpees are pretty good..... :)
  • I take CLK and I notice a difference in my body when I take it compared to when I don't. I think I am leaner when I'm taking it, but I also notice the difference when I'm not so I don't think it's a long term thing. I've taken HD before, which is great as long as I'm not planning on doing anything where I need to focus. It's great for giving you a boost of energy but for me it's so much energy, I can hardly focus (which is not at all conducive to being a college student). It also made me crash really hard, to the point I couldn't stay awake about 6 hours after I took it. Like other people have said, it's similar to taking espresso or coffee, but I think a little more extreme and longer lasting.
  • LeonCX
    LeonCX Posts: 862 Member
    edited November 2014
    ^^ sucked in her gut - before...after. LOL What a joke.
  • mustgetmuscles1
    mustgetmuscles1 Posts: 3,346 Member
    LeonCX wrote: »
    ^^ sucked in her gut - before...after. LOL What a joke.

dumb-and-dumber-pooping-scene_o_GIFSoup.com_.gif
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,151 Member
    ^wow, what did I walk into????? laughs
  • camimiloves
    camimiloves Posts: 3 Member
    I'm currently using hydroxycut hardcore elite. It gives me high amount of energy, however it has a lot of side effects like palpitations, nausea etc. It will be completely useless if you don't incorporate exercise and diet with it.
  • Holla4mom
    Holla4mom Posts: 587 Member
    Now that it has started giving you heart palpitations and nauseau, you did stop taking it right?
    I'm currently using hydroxycut hardcore elite. It gives me high amount of energy, however it has a lot of side effects like palpitations, nausea etc. It will be completely useless if you don't incorporate exercise and diet with it.