Filled With Self Doubt

Options
Hello everyone!

I'm new to the boards, but not to MFP. I've been a member since 2011 and it's taken me 3 years to find motivation. A month ago, my husband and I started to get our lives in order and start working out because we are experiencing infertility. We hired a personal trainer to help motivate us, teach us the right way to do exercises and help my husband out with his sciatica issues. Over the last month, I have been so motivated. I woke up every day with a renewed energy and zest for life! We were finally doing something positive to get healthier together. My muscles ached, but in a good way knowing that I'm getting stronger and leaner. I weighed in last week and found that I had lost 8 pounds. I felt good and accomplished until the end of the week. Family stuff and work stuff collided and really brought me down. I started seeing things very negatively, which kick-started my self doubt. I'm 16 pounds away from reaching my first goal, which is to lose 10% of my body weight. Am I focusing on the wrong things? Am I putting too much pressure on myself? How do I get back that amazing feeling I felt last month?

Replies

• gwenbowers
    gwenbowers Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Hi! How are you? I feel your pain and ongoing fitness goals can be a struggle! I have some ideas and would like to invite you to an online fitness challenge that I'm going to begin in the next couple of weeks! I think this would be a great start for recharging and motivating you! I will add you as a friend!
    Gwen Bowers
  • abcmommyx3
    abcmommyx3 Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    It is not an easy path that you are walking. Pick yourself up and carry on you can do this!