question about BF%

Options
I am at goal weight and don't want to lose any more lbs. but would like to lower my BF% more.
Is this strictly now a what I eat deal or how do I go about this. Thanks for your help.

Replies

• hayolyvia
    hayolyvia Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    My goal is to lose body fat and so far I'm having a lot of success by keeping my daily fat intake below 10 gms a day following a plant based diet.
  • sjaplo
    sjaplo Posts: 974 Member
    Options
    Fat does not make you fat.

OP for what you want to do you should ask some of the very knowledgable people who hang around the fitness and exercise thread.
  • indianwin2001
    indianwin2001 Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    sjaplo wrote: »
    Fat does not make you fat.

OP for what you want to do you should ask some of the very knowledgable people who hang around the fitness and exercise thread.

O.K. Thanks
  • rainbowbow
    rainbowbow Posts: 7,490 Member
    Options
    Well, you have two options (and one not so ideal).

1.)BULK/CUT: If you want to stay the same weight, then you could "bulk". This would involve you eating moderately above your maintenance calories, consuming adequate protein, and intense weight lifting. Once you add some more muscle (this takes time!) you could go back on a cut cycle to drop body fat. You may gain lbs, then lose lbs, and hopefully be around the same weight but with a different body composition.

2.) CUT: if you want to lose body fat but are satisfied with your current muscle mass, you need to continue with a deficit. You will weigh less, but the goal weight you've set for yourself is probably arbitrary anyway.

3.) BODY RECOMP: this is the not ideal option. It takes significantly longer. I won't go into more detail here as I don't recommend this method. Feel free to read up on it more:

http://bodytransformationfitness.com/body-recomposition-losing-fat-gaining-muscle-simultaneously/
  • indianwin2001
    indianwin2001 Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    rainbowbow wrote: »

1.)BULK/CUT: If you want to stay the same weight, then you could "bulk". This would involve you eating moderately above your maintenance calories, consuming adequate protein, and intense weight lifting. Once you add some more muscle (this takes time!) you could go back on a cut cycle to drop body fat. You may gain lbs, then lose lbs, and hopefully be around the same weight but with a different body composition.

2.) CUT: if you want to lose body fat but are satisfied with your current muscle mass, you need to continue with a deficit. You will weigh less, but the goal weight you've set for yourself is probably arbitrary anyway.

3.) BODY RECOMP: this is the not ideal option. It takes significantly longer. I won't go into more detail here as I don't recommend this method. Feel free to read up on it more:

http://bodytransformationfitness.com/body-recomposition-losing-fat-gaining-muscle-simultaneously/

Thanks--I've been weight training for a long time and have good muscle mass-I'm at 21% BF at 62 YO and I still lift very heavy weights in the gym. I think I'll go with #2 as that makes the most sense for me. Thanks for your help Rainbow,I appreciate it
  • rainbowbow
    rainbowbow Posts: 7,490 Member
    Options
    rainbowbow wrote: »

Thanks--I've been weight training for a long time and have good muscle mass-I'm at 21% BF at 62 YO and I still lift very heavy weights in the gym. I think I'll go with #2 as that makes the most sense for me. Thanks for your help Rainbow,I appreciate it

You're welcome!

Make sure while cutting that you keep protein levels up and lift regularly to ensure you retain as much muscle mass as possible. Good luck!