Vitamins?

I see a lot of people say they take vitamins, should I be too? Should I get a blood work panel done first to see where I am lacking?

Replies

• uconnwinsnc1
    uconnwinsnc1 Posts: 902 Member
    I found out that I was deficient in b12 and D. I think it is pretty common especially for people who don't get a lot of sunlight.
  • shadow2soul
    shadow2soul Posts: 7,692 Member
    I take a multivitman because I know my diet is generally lacking in the vitamin department. I can feel the difference when I've been taking vitamins for awhile and when I haven't. I'm pretty sure without I'm am not getting enough of at least one vitamin.

You can get a blood work panel done to see specifically what you need, if anything. I only recently got covered by insurance and I am having trouble finding a doctor who is accepting new patients/takes my insurance. Long story short, until I can get some blood work done I'm just going to take a multivitamin.
  • melimomTARDIS
    melimomTARDIS Posts: 1,941 Member
    I take centrum adults formula, plus a b complex. Both were prescribed by my doctor.
  • kr1stadee
    kr1stadee Posts: 1,774 Member
    It depends on your diet. Most multi's aren't created equally.
    If you'd like, you can have a panel done to see if you are deficient in any nutrient, but if you have colorful foods, and are eating well, chances are, you won't be helped much by multi's.

Personally, I do take B complex and D during the winter. I'm in Eastern Canada, and we don't see much sun in the winter.