Book recommendations

Does anyone recommend any good weight loss/self help books?

Replies

• tulips_and_tea
    tulips_and_tea Posts: 5,738 Member
    Although not specifically for weight loss, I recommend a book by Charles Duhigg called "The Power of Habit". It's really interesting to learn how we form and break habits. Good read!
  • SingRunTing
    SingRunTing Posts: 2,604 Member
    BZAH10 wrote: »
    Although not specifically for weight loss, I recommend a book by Charles Duhigg called "The Power of Habit". It's really interesting to learn how we form and break habits. Good read!
    +1
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    I started reading The Beck Diet Solution. It's about changing eating habits, not based any specific diet.
  • jim180155
    jim180155 Posts: 769 Member
    Thinner Leaner Stronger http://www.amazon.com/Thinner-Leaner-Stronger-Building-Ultimate-ebook/dp/B0098PYV7Q (I read the men's version, Bigger Leaner Stronger.)

It's not a diet book, it's more about exercise and strength training, although nutrition is a part of it. If you follow the advice in the book, you will lose weight.

I like this approach much better than just not eating as much. It's more proactive. It gives you something to do rather than just focusing on what you can not do (eat). And in the end, you'll look and feel better if you follow a plan like this.
  • haeden
    haeden Posts: 183 Member
    Thank you everyone for suggestions!!