I've lost track of how many times I've tried...

Options
Hello!
My name is Pattie. I've been on MFP several times. I honestly don't remember how many times. Once it worked out and I lost nearly 30 lbs. Then of course, I gained it back plus about 25 more.
Then about 4 months ago my Dr. told me I have PCOS. If you don't know what that is, don't worry I didn't either. Polycystic Ovary Syndrome. Basically my hormones are all going crazy, which causes irregularities and makes it difficult to get pregnant. And if left untreated, it can lead to heart disease and diabetes. It also makes it hard to lose weight. Okay, so my Dr. says she can give me medication to help with weightloss and keeping everything undercontrol, however, my liver won't allow it. Basically...I have to get my liver in order before I can get my PCOS in order. Even better, in order to fix my liver, I have to lose weight, but it's hard to lose weight due to PCOS. It's a vicious cycle.
So, after that probably unnecessary glimps into my life, here I am.
I'm 2 months into being married and my wife and I have been talking about a family. We can't start one until I get things under control, because I do want to have kids.

So this time I have more than just "I want to lose weight", I need to if I want to start a family.

Im Pattie. Im 25. I have PCOS and I need to get my crap together.
If you'd like to help keep me on track or are a good motivator, I would love to be friends!!

Replies

• HollyB1223
    HollyB1223 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Hi Pattie,
    I can relate to everything you are saying. My problem is thyroid malfunction, which also makes losing weight very difficult. An achy back from scoliosis, one leg shorter than the other sets my hips at an angle, causing my back to curve to one side, and foot troubles make it hard to be as active as I would like to be, also.

Those are ALL excuses though. I can do what I really want to do, and I can get a handle on my eating habits if I really want to. Problem seems to be that I just don't want it bad enough. This is a sad state of affairs. I am 5'8" and weigh 193#.

I would LOVE to be able to wear nice, fashionable clothing that looks good on me, and feels comfortable. But no. I'm stuck picking out clothes based on whether they will help cover my behind, and look modest on my plump figure.

I'm 43 and I need to get my crap together.
    I'd love to be your friend. Let's push each other through this slump and be better for it!!!
  • PattieCakes25
    PattieCakes25 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Hello!
    I know those are all my 'excuses'. I always leaned on excuses before, when really the only thing holding me back is me.

But I have a Pinterest board full of baby things, and then another full of clothes I would love to wear to keep me motivated