Too Much Fiber

Options
2»

Replies

• JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    Options
    If all the fiber you consume is soluble fiber, it will form a slow-moving mass in your bowel.
    If all the fiber you consume is insoluble fiber, it will move quickly through your bowel.
    If you get about 1/3 insoluble and about 2/3 soluble, you can achieve optimum velocity through your bowel. It's fast enough for regularity, slow enough for complete digestion.
  • Noreenmarie1234
    Noreenmarie1234 Posts: 7,493 Member
    Options
    I eat way too much fiber as well. Usually 120-150g a day. I am healthy.
  • nowine4me
    nowine4me Posts: 3,985 Member
    Options
    I eat 90-100g of fiber a day. Poop and blood work are good. I wouldn't worry about getting too much, but I would look at what else is in those protein bars and try to get what you need from Whole Foods (the food, not the store).
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    @Noreenmarie1234 and @nowine4me I am desperate to see your diaries! I am always looking for ideas to increase my fibre!
  • wizzybeth
    wizzybeth Posts: 3,578 Member
    Options
    retiredtch wrote: »
    The food diary doesn't list the fiber in something if you scan the barcode, does it? I started trying to up my fiber intake today and just realized when I looked at my day that it doesn't show how much I had.

It registers what the manufacturer has - so if there is fiber with the manufacturer's info it will come up on your diary