Keeping Motivated

I used to be an active healthy individual but my story has drastically changed in the past two years. My life style is far from healthy now and I want to go back to my old self. I feel trapped and limited in this body and I want to change that. I feel sick that I have been making the same promises to myself for the past year and nothing has changed. If anything, it has gotten worse. My biggest problem is compulsive eating. Its impossible for me to understand why the minute I decide and announce to myself I am going to stop eating certain things, those things become the focus of my attention!!!!URRRR...I need to change! and I need to change by New Year. Its fitting you know? new body, new life!

Replies

• JustSomeEm
    JustSomeEm Posts: 20,242 MFP Moderator
    You didn't put weight on over night, it won't come off over night. But if you start now, you'll be healthier by the New Year, even if you're not where you want to be yet. You've got this - congrats on making the decision to get healthier! :flowerforyou:
  • yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    maybe stop announcing it and do it silently, for yourself.

what builds your character is the effort you put in when no one is paying attention. This winter might be the perfect time for you to dedicate yourself entirely to change and emerge in spring. butterflystyle.
  • rlwest60
    rlwest60 Posts: 16 Member
    Me. I have a pic of me in excellent shape wearing no shirt and then a pic of me at my worst an i look at them everytime I work out as motivation or if i my lose motivation...cruel but works