Never enough protein

Options
2»

Replies

• Kalikel
    Kalikel Posts: 9,626 Member
    edited November 2014
    Options
    I so hear you. I am NOT a fan of protein-containing foods.

Cottage cheese, regular cheese, chicken, veggie burgers (surprisingly high in protein!), eggs, tuna, hot dogs (amount varies), beans, nuts and Raisin Bran. There are 2g protein in my Fiber One bars, which serve the purpose of giving me fiber and being like candy, but every little bit helps.

Even as a kid I didn't like protein-containing foods. Just not a fan. When I do eat them, I'm like "Ugh." Especially meat. I don't eat the RDA. Maybe I should, but...ugh.

I have found that trying to increase protein has turned into increasing fat, so I'm about ready to give up.
  • swimmermama
    swimmermama Posts: 526 Member
    Options
    It would help if we could see your diary to know what you could add. My diary is open and I eat a ton of protein if you want some ideas! :)
  • shellma00
    shellma00 Posts: 1,684 Member
    Options
    I have the same problem, and some days I do better than others. Rand486 has some great ideas. I try to make sure my snacks have protein and every meal. Maybe quinoa instead of rice? It has more protein. Edamame makes for a good snack that's packed with protein. Eggs, greek yogurt, Quest bars, cottage cheese, protein shake (I make mine with soy milk because it has as much protein as regular milk), peanut butter (PB2) in my oatmeal with breakfast, and my latest discovery: a protein mug cake. Take a box of angel food cake mix, and any other flavor of cake mix you like and mix them together. Then take 3 TBSP of the mix, half a scoop of protein powder, 2 TBSP of water, and mix it up in a mug. Microwave it for 1 minute, and enjoy!

never thought about protein powder in my mug cake.. Ill have to try this.. after I buy me some protein powder LOL
  • Wheelhouse15
    Wheelhouse15 Posts: 5,575 Member
    edited November 2014
    Options
    shellma00 wrote: »
    I have the same problem, and some days I do better than others. Rand486 has some great ideas. I try to make sure my snacks have protein and every meal. Maybe quinoa instead of rice? It has more protein. Edamame makes for a good snack that's packed with protein. Eggs, greek yogurt, Quest bars, cottage cheese, protein shake (I make mine with soy milk because it has as much protein as regular milk), peanut butter (PB2) in my oatmeal with breakfast, and my latest discovery: a protein mug cake. Take a box of angel food cake mix, and any other flavor of cake mix you like and mix them together. Then take 3 TBSP of the mix, half a scoop of protein powder, 2 TBSP of water, and mix it up in a mug. Microwave it for 1 minute, and enjoy!

never thought about protein powder in my mug cake.. Ill have to try this.. after I buy me some protein powder LOL

If you look around the Web you can find some recipes for no bake protien clusters which are basically just protein powder, oats and peanut butter mixed together by hand and separated into clusters. You can experiment with your own mix and they are really good.