Not hungry

Options
I don't know what my deal is but for the past week, I just don't feel hungry at all. I eat because I need to and still continue to keep up with my calories but I am just not hungry. I get full really easy and it's hard to make the calorie goal I have set. I am not really complaining, I just find it weird. Has anyone else had this happen and what could be the causes of it. I assume it's just me getting use to how I have changed my diet over the last 4 1\2 months.

Replies

• LeonCX
    LeonCX Posts: 862 Member
    edited November 2014
    Options
    I wish I had your issue. The "hungry all the time" posts outnumber the "not hungry" posts in the forums 10:1. :) So what's your secret?
  • Icandoityayme
    Icandoityayme Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    I have absolutely no clue. I log the amounts I should be eating when I make my menu out. When I eat, I get too full and can barely finish it. Then I have to change my menu to the correct amounts that I actually ate, and I am lucky to make 1200 rather than the 1400 I have set.
  • yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    Options
    Im one of those never hungry people. Not just not hungry, but nothing is appetizing and CERTAINLY NOTHING IS WORTH CREATING DIRTY DISHES FOR.

The only thing I can do is have good days and less good days, aim to eat healthy when I do eat. I take pics of my pretty food and spend time learning to cook new things so that at least I get in the kitchen.

Everyone is different. If you have a week where you arent hungry, make sure that as soon as you start coming out of it, you chow down on the good stuff and not the easy quick stuff :)

• JustSomeEm
    JustSomeEm Posts: 20,210 MFP Moderator
    edited November 2014
    Options
    I get that way when I start getting depressed. Actually, I was depressed when I started my weight loss journey. I was in a bad place, started dropping pounds, then figured I'd make a lifestyle change and stay on the path to getting fit. One thing that helps me with lack of hunger is to exercise. It not only makes me feel better (which helps me find my appetite), but also actually makes me hungry.

Edit because I had a "Doh!" moment.
  • yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    Options
    the happier I am, the less often I remember to eat.
  • vecchi
    vecchi Posts: 23
    Options
    Please make sure there are no health factors making you not feel like eating
  • Bradley_J84
    Bradley_J84 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    Im the same way. If it wasn't for this mfp, I would eat a hell of a lot less just because so I can log my entry daily. I will admit I learned how to trick it so I can log not reaching 1000. Around 8-900 I am good for the day, but I eat about 1100 just because. UGH!!! Plus I work out. I go through a lot of phases like this. Especially when I get so busy, I lose my appetite. I work full time, school full time, full time single mom. Last thing on my mind is food.