Getting scales moving again

LadyLib82
LadyLib82 Posts: 11 Member
edited November 2014 in Getting Started
Hi, I'd like advice on how to get the scales moving again-having been up and down around the same few pounds for at least 6 to 8weeks now.

I have a desk job, and have been going to the gym 3-4 times at week for both cardio and some weights (We are limited for weights at work gym), I'm set to sedentary and add the workout as extra (using polar ft7) , but am wondering about changing settings? Am normally at or around calories - including using most or all exercise calories - there was one week I was over by 3500, but since I'm set to 2lbs loss a week that is still 3500 down on maintenence.

Any thoughts?

Replies

• yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    Sometimes the best thing you can do is take a week to just do light workouts and get organized and prepare yourself for "Phase II" or something like that. Telling yourself this is the doorway to 'taking it to a new level' and you need to make sure you are rested and have a plan to amp up your intensity (or the difficulty, duration or length of your workout). You have your calendar for the month, all color coded and ready. You have your 'new' starting stats. Your updated progress picture - everything in place to make it seem like you are starting something bigger. Which you are.

It doesnt have to be A LOT bigger, just a little. :smiley: Trick Your Brain into being a leveling up athlete :smiley:
  • jtwakes
    jtwakes Posts: 607 Member
    I've went through the same thing